Expat blog weekly meet up - 1st anniversary - Friday, July 12, 2013

To all members who did follow Weekly meet up last year,

Hey all, this is Chum, I am back :D

Just realize that the 1st meet up that I organized last year was on Thursday, July 12, 2012. Plus last few days I got sms from Scott (who did join with us a several times) asking about meet-up. So I have an idea to handle one meet-up like 1 year anniversary with agenda same as last time:

- Part 1: (8:00pm - 10:00pm) gathering at 84 City cafe & lounge (#36 Chu Manh Trinh street, District 1, HCMC) visit their Facebook for more info at https://www.facebook.com/84City?fref=ts
             ----> We will have 2 options according to number of attendances on that day:
                          + If we have a group of 10 person, we will come there as random customers. (This cafe don't serve food, so please feed your stomach well before you come)
                          + If we have a group more than 30 person, we might book this place by ourself and can order sweet buffet / tea break (with budget about 100,000 - 150,000 VND / person excluding rental place fee, 1,000,000 VND / 3 hours)

-----> Topic of gathering: "I know what you did last summer!!!!"

-----> Need volunteer who sponsor for small gift to give on that day

- Part 2: (10:00pm - 12:00pm) Hang-out at Republic Lounge (#63/201 Dong Du street, District 1, HCMC) - new bar/lounge grand opening on Thursday July 11, manager is one of expat member (Ms. Mandy), will offer welcome drink and finger food for us as well.

Date: Friday, July 12, 2013

Therefore, I post this thread in order of collecting ur idea and register as well, if more than 5 members will register to join, I will hold this meet-up in details.

Have fun :)

Chum (+84.908686785)

I have to say I've met some good friends through Expat.com and the meet up. In fact I was with one of them last Friday night and another tonight.

I like to take this time to thank you Bechum for organizing the meet ups this past year. ^_^

I'll be at the grand opening on Thursday night for Republic Lounge. They also have an event Friday and Saturday night.

As for Friday's meetup, if work allows me to attend, I'll most definitely make an effort to go. Kind of a hectic month for me right now so will confirm back on Friday. :)

great thanks to Be Chum, through her organize from last year, many of the amazing that i have met we are best friend now. It's great to be meet for grand meet up day again

Guys guys guys, up to now, it seems to have 3 members who intend to join meet-up in July 12:
1. Phi Long
2. 7 up Bao
3. Madsmosen
I need 2 more ka :D
By the way, thanks Phi Long for suggestion of Republic Lounge :rolleyes:

Nice to see u guys again, please keep me update and bechum, my new nr. 091919 4878.

Woa! very happy to join this event. I'm and my sister: Xuan. Please contact with me by: 07977554266 when you have exactly time. :)

Nice!!! Now we have enough amount of attendances to organize meet-up as well :lol: Thanks all
@ Numituot, I thought u made a mistake of input ur number ka :p

hi

Count me in :) (+1 female friend)

My name is Hanh, please keep me one slot. Thank you. Look forward to see you guys.

Dear all,

Here is updated plan for meet-up 1 year anniversary on Friday, July 12, 2013:

- Part 1: (8:00pm - 10:00pm) gathering at 84 City cafe & lounge (#36 Chu Manh Trinh street, District 1, HCMC) visit their Facebook for more info at https://www.facebook.com/84City?fref=ts
             ----> We will have 2 options according to number of attendances on that day:
                          + If we have a group of 10 person, we will come there as random customers. (This cafe don't serve food, so please feed your stomach well before you come)
                          + If we have a group more than 30 person, we might book this place by ourself and can order sweet buffet / tea break (with budget about 100,000 - 150,000 VND / person excluding rental place fee, 1,000,000 VND / 3 hours)

-----> Topic of gathering: "I know what you did last summer!!!!" :P

-----> Need volunteer who sponsor for small gift to give on that day :)

- Part 2: (10:00pm - 12:00pm) Hang-out at Republic Lounge (#63/201 Dong Du street, District 1, HCMC) - new bar/lounge grand opening on Thursday July 11, manager is one of expat member (Ms. Mandy), will offer welcome drink and finger food for us as well.

List of register to join meet-up on Friday, July 12, 2013:

1. Chum
2. Phi Long
3. 7 up Bao
4. Madsmosen
5. Rojamin
6. Numituot
7. Numituot sister
8. Jonilee410
9. NguyenVanToff
10. NguyenVanToff female friend
11.Bii2310 Hanh

Dear Chum,
Sorry for late! Please help me register to join this event.
My name Dat, any information please feel free to contact me via mobile phone: [moderated; avoid posting your personal contact on the forum] or email: [email protected]

List of register to join meet-up on Friday, July 12, 2013: (updating)

1. Chum
2. Phi Long
3. 7 up Bao
4. Madsmosen
5. Rojamin
6. Numituot
7. Numituot sister
8. Jonilee410
9. NguyenVanToff
11.Bii2310 Hanh
12. ngominhdat
13. Sheldon
14. hELLnoi

hi, i am coming with a friend, please add

1. Chum
2. Phi Long
3. 7 up Bao
4. Madsmosen
5. Rojamin
6. Numituot
7. Numituot sister
8. Jonilee410
9. NguyenVanToff
11.Bii2310 Hanh
12. ngominhdat
13. Sheldon
14. hELLnoi
15. Bao 7up friend
16. Snake77
17. Snake77 wife

Guys,

Cos the list of register is not over 30 pax, so we will not come up with set buffet at 84 City, we will be there like random customers. Please be reminded that 84 City will not serve any food. Therefore, you guys need to feed your stomach well before you come (or they will charge if bringing food outside).

See you 2moro :)

1. Chum
2. Phi Long
3. 7 up Bao
4. Madsmosen
5. Rojamin
6. Numituot
7. Numituot sister
8. Jonilee410
9. NguyenVanToff
11.Bii2310 Hanh
12. ngominhdat
13. Sheldon
14. hELLnoi
15. Bao 7up friend
16. Snake77
17. Snake77 wife
18. ninotuanh
19. Sheldon friend 1
20. Sheldon friend 2

I'll have to miss part 1 due to work. Trying to get caught up after my trip back, still have lots of stuff to finish tonight. But will go to Republic Lounge at 10PM for sure.

Hi dears.

I have to miss part 2. My boss want me to do some big presentation tomorrow. So I should prepare something this night an dont go to bed very late.
So I will be at 84 City but not at Republic lounge.

Btw. my name is Chris :)

Sorry Team! I'm so regret to say I can't join with you tonight.
I have suddenly job therefore I have move to Binh Duong Province
Please capture anything tonight and sharing with me!! hjhj

ngominhdat should be punish dance chicken dance !!!
After the part 1, we went to the Pacharan, the Spanish bar for buffalo and horsing arround dance, until we all get wet on the floor : )

thanks everyone for coming and spend the quality time together, sharing the international expat living culture in the Ho Chi Minh city, we are friends when ever you need, friend alway there for a beer, we are looking forward to more meet up to share your expat story.
I am and a group of young professional expat living and working in vietnam we looking forward to share the experience of being an expat, everybody has to learn the lesson in the hard way, we have been through it and many things, we are here bring along all the story from all over the globe to be told.
Stay tune see you on the next meet up

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4392/1scx.jpg

I had a tired day with company team building, will update result of meet-up yesterday then (although Bao did show off our photo :D) Good nite everybody

Any second meeting will be organized next time. I can be a sponsor for that meeting.

Thanks all.

roon wrote:

Any second meeting will be organized next time. I can be a sponsor for that meeting.

Thanks all.

Okie lah, will add u in the list of announcement ka :)

Hi Chum. Pls add me to the mailing list also :)

:cheers:

Sophia Huynh wrote:

Hi Chum. Pls add me to the mailing list also :)

Yep madam :)

huRRaY uP CHUM, we are all dying for next meet
:top:

How about stand up comedy? ;)

bechum wrote:

How about stand up comedy? ;)

I am game..
Sit down comedy: just as good
just the when and where?

what's about dancing comedy =)) maybe next week, no?