Internet by GO

We just got our internet and telephone connection from GO. My wife and i went in to the local store and said we wanted internet, and the guy gave her a Maltese id (fake off course) and she signed the paper. No deposit, no uppfront or no other problems. Great service of GO.

Maltom wrote:

, and the guy gave her a Maltese id (fake off course) and she signed the paper.

Not wanting to rain on anyone's parade but that's not something I would have put on a public forum.

Good Luck though.......

Mike

Agreed Mike

agree - hmm there may be trouble ahead.

I dont think thats a problem, they want customers and take short cuts to make money. The easy southern way!

unfair though to those that have been forced to pay hefty deposits

When I come to live Gozo I would like to bring my car with me - will Malta accept my own number plate?

toonarmy9752 wrote:

unfair though to those that have been forced to pay hefty deposits

It's official.

As regards GO plc - on 19th December, 2012, the European Commission formally informed me as follows: 

‘…..With regard to deposits, the Maltese authorities have informed us that GO plc does not request deposits for its services, either from Maltese or EU nationals…..'

So, if - in the past - you have paid GO plc (or Maltacom / Telemalta) a deposit for television/internet/telephony service provision - claim your refund now.

Should you experience any difficulty in this regard, file a petition with The European Parliament Committee on Petitions online in any of the official languages of the European Union.

Simply click on this internet link to do so:

https://www.secure.europarl.europa.eu/a … ition.html

Wilderbank wrote:

When I come to live Gozo I would like to bring my car with me - will Malta accept my own number plate?

No, you will have to register it in Malta but you can pick your own number / letter combination (at a price).
http://www.transport.gov.mt/land-transp … or-vehicle

Terry

Maltom wrote:

We just got our internet and telephone connection from GO. My wife and i went in to the local store and said we wanted internet, and the guy gave her a Maltese id (fake off course) and she signed the paper. No deposit, no uppfront or no other problems. Great service of GO.

Its fraud isn't it?

Terry

tearnet wrote:
Maltom wrote:

Its fraud isn't it?

Terry

Assuming Maltom is an EU citizen, what's really important in this case, Terry, is that the outlet did not illegally extract a deposit for telephony/internet service provision.

Two wrongs do not make a right!!

fraud [frɔːd]
n
1. deliberate deception, trickery, or cheating intended to gain an advantage
2. an act or instance of such deception

3. something false or spurious his explanation was a fraud

4. Informal a person who acts in a false or deceitful way

Byron49 wrote:
tearnet wrote:
Maltom wrote:

Its fraud isn't it?

Terry

Assuming Maltom is an EU citizen, what's really important in this case, Terry, is that the outlet did not illegally extract a deposit for telephony/internet service provision.

It is not illegal under Maltese law and that is where we live.

Terry

i still believe its fraud to take a known customer and attach a maltese id to it that was not that persons id.

toonarmy9752 wrote:

i still believe its fraud to take a known customer and attach a maltese id to it that was not that persons id.

Agreed and it's the 'fake off (sic) course' bit that rankles me.

fake or otherwise is still fraud and this from one of the biggest comms companies on the island

redmik wrote:
toonarmy9752 wrote:

Agreed and it's the 'fake off (sic) course' bit that rankles me.

My point exactly Mick...........

tearnet wrote:
Byron49 wrote:
tearnet wrote:

Its fraud isn't it?

Terry

It is not illegal under Maltese law and that is where we live.

Terry

It is illegal to extract a deposit for TV/telephony/internet service provision from a non-Maltese EU citizen according to EU law - with which local 'rules' must comply.

Some are missing the point, no deposit was taken BUT a fake ID was used, that is the real issue, of course.

its also illegal to use a fake id to gain services etc.

tearnet wrote:
Maltom wrote:

Its fraud isn't it?

Terry

How can it be fraud? I am a paying customer and he he decided to cut corners to make it easier! He got a signed contract and i got my internet.

Maltom wrote:
tearnet wrote:
Maltom wrote:

Its fraud isn't it?

Terry

How can it be fraud? I am a paying customer and he he decided to cut corners to make it easier! He got a signed contract and i got my internet.

Using a fake ID  to obtain anything is fraud.
What if I used your ID to obtain a service and then did not pay, would you be happy?

It was NOT a fake id we used. It was our passport and he stated we were Maltese residents. And in fact we are residents but still waiting for our id card etc. In any other question the goverment should say that our intention was to stay in Malta and that we are not tourists.

Can we leave the fraud or not fraud question and see to the point that contractors are open for the easy way, as i should have been if the Goverment had a swifter handling on the e-residence?

Why pay a big deposit if the guy in the shop says its not necessary?

Maltom wrote:

the guy gave her a Maltese id (fake off course) and she signed the paper. No deposit, no uppfront or no other problems. Great service of GO.

So why did you tell us it was a fake id and now say it was not?

redmik wrote:
Maltom wrote:

the guy gave her a Maltese id (fake off course) and she signed the paper. No deposit, no uppfront or no other problems. Great service of GO.

Fake as in not a Maltese id card but stating that it was by the sales agent. 29382929mt(Maltese) Sorry for not being clear about that.

Sorry Maltom but I'm still a little unsure about what you have said.........

The Maltese ID number you quoted there - is it 'made up' or does it belong to a Maltese National?

just curious of course......

Maltom wrote:
redmik wrote:
Maltom wrote:

Fake as in not a Maltese id card but stating that it was by the sales agent. 29382929mt(Maltese) Sorry for not being clear about that.

So now it was a passport, no deposit was paid as per EU terms so what   
has this all been about? Nothing!!
I suggest that you do not try so hard to impress or at least tell the full story first time otherwise you will lose credibility.
I expect we will find out now that your trailer was not overloaded either.

Maltom wrote:
redmik wrote:
Maltom wrote:

And if that is someone elses id number, that was not very clever putting that on here. In fact I would say it was gross stupidity.

redmik wrote:
Maltom wrote:
redmik wrote:

And if that is someone elses id number, that was not very clever putting that on here. In fact I would say it was gross stupidity.

Its my Swedish passport number Redmik! If its gross stupidity to give that out i am guillty as charged! I was just happy that i got internet without all the fuzz described in the forum, sorry to mention it!

There is actually no fuss, if things are done correctly. Your posts give the impression and in one case explicitly state that you condone malpractice in the interests of profit. I quote you 'they want customers and take short cuts to make money. The easy southern way!'
Now you say it's your Swedish Passport Number after previously stating it was a fake ID.
I tell you what, you have changed your 'story' too many times for me. And if you put your own passport number on here, a public forum,more fool you. I also know what a Swedish passport is like and the short 8 digit number is not followed by anything except when at the bottom of the page, very, very similar to a UK passport. You just do not make sense.

redmik wrote:

There is actually no fuss, if things are done correctly. Your posts give the impression and in one case explicitly state that you condone malpractice in the interests of profit. I quote you 'they want customers and take short cuts to make money. The easy southern way!'
Now you say it's your Swedish Passport Number after previously stating it was a fake ID.
I tell you what, you have changed your 'story' too many times for me. And if you put your own passport number on here, a public forum,more fool you. I also know what a Swedish passport is like and the short 8 digit number is not followed by anything except when at the bottom of the page, very, very similar to a UK passport. You just do not make sense.

totally agree - no credibilty - sorry

toonarmy9752 wrote:
redmik wrote:

totally agree - no credibilty - sorry

Yep!

Its also been stated many times on this forum that quite often a passport can be used in lieu of an ID along with a long term lease.

Terry

no mention of any lease here am afraid.....!!!!!