Going to my fiancee in jordan

i heard about this so called "fiancee visa" that allows you or you fiancee to come to you for some time. in order for you to get married.
           so if anyone knows anything about this or has heard anything about this please let me know. and what ever leads i get on this i will follow them.

thanx

One of the visa categories that is non-immigrant in nature but has an immigrant process is the fiancé (e) (K-1) Visa.

The fiancé(e) K-1 non-immigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé (e) to travel to the United States to marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. The foreign-citizen will then apply for adjustment of status to a permanent resident (LPR) with the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Because a fiancé (e) visa permits the holder to immigrate to the U.S. and marry a U.S. citizen shortly after arrival in the United States, the fiancé (e) must meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa. Eligible children of K-1 visa applicants receive K-2 visas.

Under U.S. immigration law, a foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen is the recipient of an approved Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Form I-129F, who has been issued a nonimmigrant K-1 visa for travel to the United States in order to marry his or her U.S. citizen fiancé(e). Both the U.S. citizen and the K-1 visa applicant must have been legally free to marry at the time the petition was filed and must have remained so thereafter. The marriage must be legally possible according to laws of the U.S. state in which the marriage will take place.

In general, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) and U.S. citizen sponsor must have met in person within the past two years. USCIS may grant an exception to this requirement, based on extreme hardship for the U.S. citizen sponsor to personally meet the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), or, for example, if it is contrary in the U.S. citizen sponsor's or foreign-citizen fiancé(e)'s culture for a man and woman to meet before marriage.

than you for your repose, but how do i get that first visa??? to get to him or he get me? that is where i am having trouble.i need to know where to go and what questions to ask. i have already been through the Jordanian embassy  in Washington dc. and they basically told me that they do no such thing to help in citizens in that way. so if u could help me in that department it would be very much appreciated.
                      THANX ALOT

hello again ...
the following link will give u the answer, but in my opinion u have to visit Jordan to enjoy the summer with him, and the US embassy in Amman will help u with the little details ...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants … _1315.html

good luck with him... ;)