Food and friends

I'm moving to Sharm in August and so excited. Making friends is the main reason I want to move because I love how friendly people are over there. Anyway DM if you want to chat...

The other thing is what do people eat in Sharm like I don't think I have ever seen fresh chicken or beef? Obviously not pork but I don't like pork anyway.... I just want to know because I have been offered a potential job as a live in nanny and was wondering what kind of meals I could make for them??

I'm a decent cook so whatever you throw at me I will have a go at!! xxx

If it is for an Egyptian family - meat meat meat / chichen all the way. Egyptians are big meat eaters.

Also if they are a more traditional family - learn egyptian food as their palates won't be used to other food - they will lieterally turn their nose up.
And as for giving them steqamed / boiled veg - forget it!!

biffy wrote:

If it is for an Egyptian family - meat meat meat / chichen all the way. Egyptians are big meat eaters.
!!

True! And most time cooked by roast and fry, all need lots of oil. No wonder most Egyptian are 'big'. Sorry.
Could you tell please tell me what are those very white eggs in supermarket? Is that chicken egg? Or lizard egg??

all meat/chicken boiled, boiled then fried or just fried.
The only things they grill here are kebabs and the chicken meshwi!!

No they are just plaing old chicken eggs - depends on the breed of the chicken.

lots and ots and lots of egyptian rice - not plain boiled but cooked with butter / ghee.
macarona bechamel
mashi (good luck there - I made it once and it took ,e so damn long I won't ever do it again - and i am a good cook, it's just very time consuming)
Fatta
goulache
koshary - the only vegetarian dish in egypt
koara (not spelt correctly I know)!!

biffy wrote:

Also if they are a more traditional family - learn egyptian food as their palates won't be used to other food - they will lieterally turn their nose up.
And as for giving them steqamed / boiled veg - forget it!!

biffy wrote:

lots and ots and lots of egyptian rice - not plain boiled but cooked with butter / ghee.
macarona bechamel
mashi (good luck there - I made it once and it took ,e so damn long I won't ever do it again - and i am a good cook, it's just very time consuming)
Fatta
goulache
koshary - the only vegetarian dish in egypt
koara (not spelt correctly I know)!!

biffy,
Nothing to say other than you have studied the Egyptian habits very well.

Ok, then I have to find that damn pan! Eat outside one months already give me some digestion problems These things just not what I use to eat. Rice with butter..Have No idea... M someB,and  mashi..not Sure what are those, but.. You scared me. I serious worry that I could killed by hyperlipemia before I leave Egypt. Or! Crashed by a car! Haha

And thanks.

Thanks everyone. The family I will work for a french, so maybe they won't be so strict with the dietary requirements. I suppose the question is are meals easy prepare from what is in the supermarkets?

Mon
I am married to an EGyptian and have been for a long time!!
Massive family here in Cairo - and the food doesn't agree with me after a while - too much butter/ghee, too much meat - and fresh veetables other than salad!!

biffy wrote:

Mon
I am married to an EGyptian and have been for a long time!!
Massive family here in Cairo - and the food doesn't agree with me after a while - too much butter/ghee, too much meat - and fresh veetables other than salad!!

ooohhh, now it makes sense :).