Is Sharm still Safe??

Hi, I am due to Travel to Sharm in just over a week. My friend who I am travelling with got a phone call today to advise us not to travel as there is potential trouble there now due to the bombing and terrorist attacks in other parts of the country!!

I also read something about the Egyptian Police uncovering a plot by terrorists to attack tourists in Sharm over the Christmas period (obviously this didn't happen as they were caught)

Could anyone please inform me on the current situation in sharm, is there any trouble? Is there a curfew? And is it safe to leave your hotel etc.

Thanks in advance.

don't worry it's safe there and it's very far from any trouble, I will be there 3/2/2014 with my family

I hope to enjoy there ;)

Sharm is far from trouble, just if you have a wish to visit Cairo, better to make it another time.
it's okay there and nothing more than normal, according of friends work and live there.
have good trip.

nothing to worry, wish you a safe trip to sharm

The risk of terrorist attacks and bombings exits all over the country. The situation is fluid. Avoid desert trips and excursion all together. Stay on hotel ground and near main amenities. Beware of over friendly people. Easy friendship = easy trouble