Moving to sharm

I am seriously considering moving to sharm in particular and would appreciate help and advice on how to go about moving there? 
How much money realistically will keep you a float whilst looking for work?
How would I go about finding a good english school in sharm.  My son is approaching 14 in  June 2015 so I need to know where the best schools are.
Any tips or advice about apartments and anything else to consider beforehand please message me back

Hi Charlie.

We all really need to move to sharm lol.

Anyway... i think there is a british international school in sharm el sheikh. You can find its number on the internet.

As for the appartments, i think you could check any agency catalogue such as coldwell-banker, at least to start with. Just remember: location, location, location. I suggest you decide the school to go, then choose a neighboring apartment. Try to reconcile that with your new workplace too.

As for the amount of money... hmmm it's not easy to calculate that, but i believe living there in the town or around nema bay would be just like in cairo. Just don't buy things from nema bay itself as it has tourist prices.

I think your main issue would be transportation. That's the only thing i would consider before going there. Just get your distances calculated, study the patterns of transportation between your main points of interest.

I had a fellow doctor who lived there for a couple of years, i could ask him for more details for you.

Cheers.

Oh sorry i thought you were living in cairo, and got into comparison.

I believe that 7000 EGP per month would be very sufficient and more than enough for 2 people. That's roughly £600.

But the healthcare system is expensive for foreigners, so take that into consideration.

I don't know if you've been there before or not but i think you should explore the area first before deciding anything.

Hi thank you for all your advice I have been about 5 times now so I know most of sharm.  I would say that I do need to sort schooling out first your right about working out where to live according to where everything is.  I will do my research, thanks for the information.

Don't mention it, and if you want more details or even requests of any kind, don't hesitate and inbox me.