HELP! I am having trouble with USA driving license transfer to KUWAITI

I've been trying to get my driving license here in Kuwait, but I'm struggling with a bit of confusion.

I went to the place in Ahmadi to get my application and such. I have all the required papers and they stapled it and sent me to Shuwaikh to get it signed. At Shuwaikh, they told me I need it translated.

Okay, so I asked a translator who told me I need to have my NJ license certified or something from the US embassy. I don't think the US embassy does certified true copies.

Can anyone help?!

What are the steps..what am I doing wrong? Should it really be this complicated.

Thank you!

Hello herrene.

Welcome to the forum! :)

In meantime, do not hesitate to browse the other threads on Cars Kuwait, Transportation in Kuwait.

Merci,
Aurélie

15kd (I think)at the american embassy.

Yes, you have to take your stateside license to the embassy to have it attested, they will give you a stamped paper back and you can take that along with your documents to Ahmadi. Usually the company you work for helps with the process.

Hi...

Just couple of steps here. It took me about a month from the US embassy to have it in my pocket. Take an appointment at the the US embassy and they will do their form thing with your DL pictured on it, take that and translate it to Arabic along with copy of your work permit, degree....etc. Once the DMV approves it, they will need to check your eyes I did mine at Hawally and finally a 30KD stamps then you will have your Kuwaiti license same day usually.

kuwait411 wrote:

Yes, you have to take your stateside license to the embassy to have it attested, they will give you a stamped paper back and you can take that along with your documents to Ahmadi. Usually the company you work for helps with the process.