Found a job in BKK!!

Hello Everyone,

I am excited to have found this website.  It looks really helpful and I spent a few hours on it already.

I am moving to Bangkok on March 27th, as I recently accepted a job with a company, ICPA near Silom.

Question: Although I have looked around the internet for possible apartments, I've had some members message and inform me about coming to BKK, get a hotel, and spend some time looking around.  Getting an agent might help as well.  Is this a good idea, how much commission does the agent get?

I do not have any friends in BKK, so it will be interesting.  I never had much difficulty making friends, but looking at this forum, it looks like there are many people in the same boat, just looking for company..  I am very excited!

But to be truly immersed into the thai culture, i need to be connecting with locals.  Any advice here?  I know many locals do not speak english, so where do many university student in their mid 20s hang out.  I am currently 28 years old.  I am chinese, but born in Sweden and grew up in Canada.  I am quite active, social and well travelled.  Always aiming for the balance in all things, where nothing in this world is absolute.

I hope to meet some of you lovely people when I arrive.

Andy

Hi Andy,
Keep in touch, would be great to have you as a friend in Bangkok.
Cheers
Pratima

Congratulations for your new job!!! I'm looking for a environmental job in Bkk too. I'm an environmental Attorney and musician. I hope to find a job soon

Hello Andy,

I don't know if you already found a place to stay here in Bangkok so maybe I can help you in a way.

I'm also new here in Bangkok and currently staying in silom area. What I did last month is to first get a place for two days so that I can check the area near our office then later on transfer to an apartment. Well based on my experience, its difficult to find a place to stay using the net and even when you search the place using google map. It take me so much time just to look for a place wherein it should be around our office, not so expensive, accessible through train (its difficult to take a bus, in my opinion), safe and many possible places to eat. Whats more difficult is when you are already in Bangkok searching for the apartment/hotel. 

Well, it all depends on your budget and the type of room you want. My friend help me find the place where I'm staying right now. I think this place would be accessible for you if your company is in silom area. The cost of the room is 7,000 baht and they also have a 6,000 baht (a bit smaller). Its already fully furnish with table, built in cabinet, water heater, aircon, free wifi, bath tub etc. You can include this in your itinerary if you still dont have a place. Should you have any concerns regarding this, just inform me Andy so that you will not have the same experience as mine.

P.S. I didn't indicate the name of the apartment first but its beside the Bangkok Christian Hospital. Its a 5-7 mins walk to Sala Daeng BTS and around 8 mins walk to Silom MRT station. Also, please search for a good place to exchange your money. =)

Warm regards,

Kenthz =)

Hi Kenthz,

I'm interesting with your information because I would laike to go to Bangkok on April. Could you tell me how much dolars are 7,000 baths? Only for my idea.
And do you know the area where is the Chatrium Riverside Hotel? A friend of my told me is very nice but I think is very expensive. Do you know other hotel chiper?
Thanks!

Marianne Martinez Riekes wrote:

Hi Kenthz,

I'm interesting with your information because I would laike to go to Bangkok on April. Could you tell me how much dolars are 7,000 baths? Only for my idea.
And do you know the area where is the Chatrium Riverside Hotel? A friend of my told me is very nice but I think is very expensive. Do you know other hotel chiper?
Thanks!

Try park plaza on sukhimvit soi 18

Try agoda.com

And for currency try google or check super rich thailand.

Thank for your information!
If you have other recomend for me I'll very happy!