Snakes

Hello, my wife and I are seriously thinking of retiring to CM.  Do you folks have snakes in or around your homes/apartments?

Thanks,

Barry

Once in a while we have seen a snake, but normally they are more afraid for the human than we have to be for them.

Desert Rat wrote:

Hello, my wife and I are seriously thinking of retiring to CM.  Do you folks have snakes in or around your homes/apartments?

Thanks,

Barry

It really depends where you live. Thailand does have a lot of snakes, quite a few of which are dangerous. That said they tend to avoid you if they are aware you are there.

Three years living in a rural location I saw Cobra, Tree Snakes and Pit Vipers. Had one snake in the house and several in the garden during that time.

It just requires a little bit of common sense to exist happily alongside snakes i.e be careful where you step and don't stick your fingers in places you cannot see into ;)

Thanks appreciate the information.  We live in Las Vegas, Nevada and have rattlesnakes out in the desert where we hike and boat, but don't see them at all, and never in our house.

Where did you find the Cobra, and how did you handle it etc.

Thanks,

Barry

Hi Barry

The cobra was an Indonisian Spitting Cobra and it was just outside my garden wall. It disappeared when it heard me clicking the camera!

Unfortunately I can't post the pic on here but it was a beauty.

I bet it was beautiful if you like snakes, don't care at all for them, but like your story.

Thanks again, think we will think about a high rise condo, maybe that will keep the snakes out.

Take care!