Living in Chiang Mai

You are an expatriate living in Chiang Mai, or you used to  work and live in Chiang Mai.

Share your expat experience!

How would you describe life in Chiang Mai?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and an accomodation? 

Is it complicated to make friends in Chiang Mai?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Chiang Mai?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Sounds like you hate life in Chiang Mai, anything you like about it? Let's talk about the cost of living and the culture of the locals. Or is there any local culture left in Chaing Mai?
      Jer

If I didn't know better I would say you were just a dripper, and no matter where you were you would drip……. However I don't think your alone mate. I live outside CM in a village, and there were times, I used to think, WTF is going on! In the 4 years I've lived in Thailand I've not made a single farang male friend. Apart from talking to some guys in a bars; Expat, trying to get you to invest in his sure fire money plan, or a tourist, 60 year old pony tail sporting, gold medallion wearing “gizzer” and how he has just found the love of his life…..And can't stop telling you how they spent there first night in love!
Your post is spot on, though a little bit girls blouse mate, ha, ha. So how do I cope with paradise a?
Well sorry mate! No quick fix I'm afraid, I started working outside Thailand about a year ago, I do 6/8 weeks out and about 4 weeks back in. I know all I've said here doesn't really help…Sorry! I can only suggest if you're going to stay, learn Thai, and not just mince about with it, go for it! Turn it into your job, in a short time CM will open up for you, and you will be fighting of would be friend with a shitty stick. Hang in there.