Living in thailand

Hi, 
I live in Indonesia, I love travelling above all of my hobbies.Been visiting Thailand many...many times I love this country...the people..the tone of their language.I just quit my job a year ago...now it would be nice to start my adventure in Thailand, especially Chiang mai, since I hate busy traffic.

I speak english quite well for conversation level...and of course I can teach Bahasa Indonesia.I love sports...very good at table tennis.

Thats aboyt me for now.

Agung Sumargo wrote:

Hi, 
I live in Indonesia, I love travelling above all of my hobbies.Been visiting Thailand many...many times I love this country...the people..the tone of their language.I just quit my job a year ago...now it would be nice to start my adventure in Thailand, especially Chiang mai, since I hate busy traffic.

I speak english quite well for conversation level...and of course I can
teach Bahasa Indonesia.I love
sports...very good at table tennis.

Thats aboyt me for now.

Bapak welcome to Thailand and you find it different from Indonesia.

Which part of Indonesia you are from?

Enjoy your stay and be happy

Chaing Mai is a Great place, it is pretty low key, kind like a college town. Not much traffic, great places to eat. The only problem I can think of is durning the burning season it is hard to breath up there & you can't see the mountain. I would recommend living there half time and somewhere else the other half. airfare can be very cheap if you have time to shop for it. Good Luck to You.  Patrick

I stay in Bandung, capital city of west java.Not yet in Thailand now...looking forward to be invited for teaching English or Bahasa.

Let me know, when you get to Thailand.  where will you stay?  Patrick

Hi

Nice meeting you Pat , are you in Thai now? Which city you live in?

Hi Pat,

You said you were chef before...are you doing food business at Nonthaburi? I love Nonthaburi market...colorful and fresh seafood.There is a small restaurant there serve very good nasi goreng. (Fried rice).I love cooking ...my wife cant cook...so I do the cook each day...but no problem I love it.You should try my nasi goreng or my tuna spagheti.

I love cooking , if you have restaurant in Thailand iam interested to join you guys.

Nonthaburi.

Yes still cooking, but mostly California Style with some Thai spices added, tough not having a real kitchen, but we get by. Patrick

No food business, just enjoying retirement, it is so cheap to eat out, but how they cook is not always to my liking. They fry in Palm Oil, which is probably the worst oil you can use for cooking, I like to use Coconut Oil, & Olive Oil, I even took the oil  to a restaurant for them to cook my food with. But most restaurant use to much salt & MSG here, to give it more flavour.  But we do have a few favourite restaurants we like to go to. I never really wanted to work in Thailand just wanted to have fun, & travel.  Patrick

Forgot to say, That my wife makes Great Cakes here in Thailand from Reciepts from the US. We bought a oven & put it on the balcony of our condo.

Its actually so much the same with Chinese style cooking in Indonesia..too much msg..the easiest way to make the food tasty.i prefer local food , or italy with a lot veggie...raw sometimes.Been staying in USA (New hampshire) for 6 months...I worked there.I enjoy travelling and make a living by working...not making me rich ..but I kind of enjoying it.Looking forward to work in Thai now and explore more places...love Thai people.

What kind of on-line work do you do?  How did you like the US?  Have you been to Thailand before? Many Questions. Patrick

I work in Hutchinson...glass work for car window.USA was fine for me...wages more than enough though..but problem was the food..I dont eat bread much...love rice, so icooked every day.Thailand I visited 1st time 2002...transit from Lahore Pakistan.I visit Thai so many times...Bangkok, Pattaya, Phukt, Krabi, Chiangmai...I have friends in Chiangmai.He takes tourists go fishing..freshwater fish..and also 1 tuk2 driver...miss them a lot.

Agung Sumargo wrote:

I stay in Bandung, capital city of west java.Not yet in Thailand now...looking forward to be invited for teaching English or Bahasa.

Nice city you live in - Jeans City
Good luck to you to get job in teaching as not easy in Thailand now. For English teachers they prefer Americans or English. Many Filipinos are also looking for teaching jobs. Chinese are here too as Chinese language is needed because of Chinese tourists.

Thanks for your info Rejoice...actuually I love cooking aswell...if there is any restaurant need my help I m willing to do so.Im not looking for lifetime job..only temporary while I can experience living in Thailand.

Agung Sumargo wrote:

Thanks for your info Rejoice...actuually I love cooking aswell...if there is any restaurant need my help I m willing to do so.Im not looking for lifetime job..only temporary while I can experience living in Thailand.

For foreigners to work in Thailand is work permit. The company needs 2 million baht paid up capital; employ 4 local staff for 1 work permit. Minimum salary must be 40,000 baht per month.
Not many firms are willingly to pay unless your skills is needed. Personal income tax are deducted from employee's salary monthly. Company must pay social security for employees too. Thus it's not easy for foreigners to get jobs in Thailand like before. New law for foreign teachers need to be check for pedophile cases so ad to protect the kids.

Thanks again for you information dear rejoice...I will do everything in order...like I do in Indonesia...I m kind of person obey the law.

Hello Agung Sumargo,

Welcome to Expat.com.

Thank you for your introduction.I have created a new topic with your thread on Chiang Mai forum, I invite you to ask any other question about your next adventure at chiang mai.

Thanks,

Stéphanie

Good idea dear Stephanie...hope more people c will support and give more infirmation.
Thank you

Hi ,
Chiangmai is my hometown.
I can suggest you

Regards,
Raenu Chaichanan

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share emails on the forum.

Hi. I live in Chiangmai just next to Chiangmai University. There is a Language Institute at the CMU which provides Asian Languages in the evening. Have you try to contact them? I once contacted them asking for Bahasa Indonesia class, but they didn't offer it at a time. Mau belajar Bahasa Indonesia!

I plan to visit Bandung next month. I learnt Bahasa Indonesia in Yogya long time ago. Wonder are there any Bahasa Indonesia teachers you can suggest me? Thanks.