Hello everyone - why so few info about Agadir?

Hello there, I've been leaving in Europe for a whyle, Italy and France, but has you all know things are not getting better over here. A friend the other day told me that he's moving to Agadir. Better life, cheeper cost of living, better opportunity to start a business and wonderful people.
Weare to looking to move out of Europe and we are getting curious about Agadir.
I found this great site, but wonder why there is not many info on it about Agadir.
I would love for someone to give me some info on living in Agadir.

Thanks to all. :-)

Hi intheworld,
You could maybe try to ask some specific questions :)?

Melissa

welcome what do u want to know about this city

Hello to everyone ,wife and me have just moved to agadir

What can you say about this city ?
for one its a great place ,people are friendly ,cost of living is low, and its not to hot even on the hottest days

Great tourism
Clean city
Modern town (growing town)
you can have a quality life here

remember one thing this is not Europe we are running all the time there ?
here they are walking  = relaxing and injoying life !!

I love it here !!

hope you do too

Hi Maroccan1 and tvrservices,
thanks a lot for your posts.

When I say -wonder why there is not many info about Agadir- I just wondered why we can find all kinds of info on Marrakech and Casablanca but not so many on Agadir, someone told me because Agadir is a ferrely new city and not so known as the others to tourists. Any how!

What I would like to know about Agadir:
for one cost of living, but since tvrsrvice is from EU and tells that live is cheep, than I guess it answer in part this question. If you have some numbers to give that will be fine to.

I also would like to know about the school system, I have a small child and school is a concern. At home we speak Italian, French and English. I understood that there is French and English schools but they are very expensive. What about the Moroccan school system, is it good?

Health care, I imagine there to there is good doctors, but is it a socialized healt care system like in EU or as foreigners we do have to buy a health care insurance and is it expensive?

Price of real-estate, safety, public transportation, and especially for tvrservices in your experience do services work good and efficiently or work more like in some southern EU countries :P

Hope to be in Agadir soon

hey again :) kinda the reason u give about agadir is true :) but when we say new city we mean in its construction :). Agadir too is an old city :) the main reason i think why there is not many info about Agadir is that Toursits didn't ask about it much . unlike marrakech or other famous city :) .
The cost of living in agadir is not different from other city . generally u can say that the cost of living in morocco is cheaper    
in comparison with other countries for example :
an appartement consist 2 Bedrooms, 1 Living room, 1 Hall, Kitchen, Laundry, 1 Bathroom, 1 WC, Parking & Syndique is about 2 500 DH = 285USD . take into consideration that it's the maxuman price and u'll find it less than 1500dhs  2000 dhs  its depends its location and please notice that the prices  keep going high while you are moving near from the centre of the city . so it's more than 2500dhs

For health, u'll find a private hospitals in all areas of agadir , especialy in talabarjt ( centre of the city ) . u can also find a public hospital . notice that the medecines is not free .

food is frech and it sheaper :)

about school there is no much international school in agadir and about morocco school u'r childreen 'll find a difficulte to learn espcially all books by arabic and french . u can find some topic related to schols here :)
about trnasportation  there is taxis Small ones with orange color who can take you where you want in the city like Dakhla,Salam,Talbourjet...

and there is the big taxies white or blue colored who can takes you outside of the city like Inzegane,Bensergao, Dcheira...

there is also Buses who you can use safely in the city and out side of the city as well.

the fare of small taxi's is 5DH in the station to anyplace you want but the taxi need to take 3 people each time. from other places small taxi's use the counter and you pay the price you got in there,the average price between 5dh & 15dh.

the big taxies have a fixed price for each places you want to go so you pay only 4DH if you want to go to Inzegane, Dcheira & Bensergao... but the price are changing if you want to go to places far than that.

the bus can do the task of the small taxi's and the big ones with only 4DH a ride but there are some other prices for other places Like Taghazout Imouran...
for the bus you get a ticket to where you are going & how much you paye

Hello intheworld,
I moved to Morocco 3 years ago. I am loving my new home in Marrakech. Agadir is a fabulous vacation city by the sea. I love to go spend time there, but I prefer not to live there because the sea air is too heavy for me.

I know there is not too much information about Agadir. That is because like many areas in Morocco Agadir is kind of one of those "not so secret" secrets of Morocco tourism. They are doing a booming business in the tourism trade, but it is just on word of mouth and from the bookings of major travel agencies. The multiple return visitors to resorts centered around there is huge.

Many people enjoy the relaxed pace and beauty of the Agadir area. Housing outside of the hotels and the cost of living in Agadir and all over Morocco is far cheaper than it is in Europe or the USA....roughly half depending on your level of luxury desired. Many people like to winter here in their retirement just for this reason. Health care is not bad, but not at a level anywhere near what you are used to finding in Europe or America. This is why many people prefer to do regular health care in their native home. Taxi and public transportation in all the cities is cheep and good, but there is a lack on city services of posted schedules and routing information on public transit. It seems you just have to ask people waiting to ride where this bus or tram goes and when it comes. Trains and buses are fairly inexpensive, regular, and somewhat on time between cities and there is a very good, wide easy graded toll highway system between major cities. There are free roads too, but these are often narrow, steep, and not as well maintained.

Visiting Morocco is easy, but you may find moving and becoming a resident a daunting task. Having personal property shipped in or out is often costly. Many people stay for years on the 90 day plan. This is where you live normally but take a day trip (or a weekend) out of Morocco every 90 days to renew your entrance stamp.

There are many fantastic cities all along the coast that people like to migrate to each one has its own feel and culture. some areas cater more to different languages more than others, so if you do not speak French well, you may want to look into an area that has more people who speak your native language. I suggest you take a vacation tour trip to Morocco and see what there is to offer here. The coast is an amazing, but the view of the Atlantic is very different and just as spectacular as the view of the Mediterranean. If you enjoy skiing, beautiful river valleys with quiet landscapes go visit the mountains. If you health is an issue you may like the easy living in the warm dry air and mineral water springs in the dessert regions. I like Marrakech just for this reason. Depending on your level of health and personal interests, I suggest you come enjoy many different areas before you sit down to decide on one area to settle into. Morocco is a diverse county with a welcoming spirit and vastly different regional climates. 

If you truly are interested in moving here, it is best to come and look at housing for yourself. New houses and apartments are being built all the time and many older ones are being renovated and sold too. Most of this is available real estate is not heavily advertised, but is sold via agency or word of mouth. It is easy to rent everywhere.

Good luck in you decision.

Many thanks to all for your help.
:top: