Cost of Living : Visa, school, apartment and Everyday life

I have been offered from the company. According to kuwait law what will be the child age to go for pre school/school? My daughter is coming january 2013 4 years old. what is the good (average) private school average fee? My comapny will give me house rent 450KD per month. They have 2 bed room service apartment. If I stay there then they will not pay 450KD. what will be the best option? Will I stay company provided service apartment or do I need to go for rent myself. I would like to save the money. But My initial contact is for 1 year and it will be renewable if they have work. My status is the single status but i can bring my family over there because My salary is enough for sponsor my family and we are also Australian and australian Passport holder. What is the cost for family visa? Do i need to pay every month for family visa fee? how long will take time to get family visa? what is the maximum temp there during the summer season.

Could anyone tell me please How many months are too hot, hot and cold? is there raining any season? why I am asking because 50% of my work in the field. what are the max, average and minimum temp?
I have 1 year contact so can I cancel the contact after 8 months (approx)if I got permanent work, Is there any strict rule in Kuwait? Employer indicated that all condition will be followed by the Kuwait labor law.

Google would serve you better for that mate.

Summer months are too hot: May - Sept, it gets quite cold from Oct to Jan, the rest of the year is ok.

i think.

Morning,
Temps =

Kuwait has a desert climate, hot and dry. Rainfall varies from 75 to 150 millimeters (2.95 to 5.91 in) a year across the country; actual rainfall has ranged from 25 millimeters (0.98 in) a year to as much as 325 millimeters (12.8 in). In summer, average daily high temperatures range from 42 to 46 °C (107.6 to 114.8 °F); the highest ever temperature recorded in Kuwait was 53.6 °C (128.5 °F) at Sulaibya on July 31, 2012. Mitribah temperatures until mid 2010 were affected by overexposure conditions and the station was later fixed.
The lowest official temperature recorded was −6.1 °C (21.0 °F) at Kuwait City in January 1964.

The summers are relentlessly long, punctuated mainly by dramatic dust storms in June and July when northwesterly winds cover the cities in sand. In late summer, which is more humid, there are occasional sharp, brief thunderstorms. By November, all of the hot weather is over, and colder winter weather sets in, dropping temperatures to as low as 0 °C (32 °F) at night; daytime temperature is in the 15–20 °C (59–68 °F) range. Frost occurs when the temperatures are at least below 5 °C (41 °F); rain is more common and falls mostly in the winter and spring.

Kuwait's Winter is colder compared to all the other Persian Gulf countries like Bahrain, Qatar or UAE. Kuwait experiences colder weather because it is in a northern position, and because of cold winds from upper Iraq and Iran.

Natural hazards
Sudden cloudbursts are common from October to April; they bring heavy rain which can damage roads and houses; sandstorms and dust storms occur throughout the year, but are most common between March and August
Environment—current issues
Limited natural fresh water resources; some of world's largest and most sophisticated desalination facilities provide much of the water; air and water

Hope that helps with your question.
Vindy

Visa =
How much?
Depends on how much running around you have to do in Oz you'll have to go to the kuwait embassy twice durning your own process, medical etc. I can tell you that if you have to deal with it all, like I am, it is just one never ending paper trail.
I'm now into my 12 week in this process and should be sorted mid-late November!

Schools=
There is a sticky post you can read up on that will give you links to all schools in kuwait, and you'll get what you pay for!
Try to push the firm you'll be working for to pay some of the fees, at least 50%
Also google rate schools in kuwait and you'll find out some interesting posts from teachers and parents alike.

Apartment=
If you stay with there then if you get any issues they can sort and you shouldn't be chasing landlords
If you take your own one, they prices will range from depending on areas and your own tastes.
I'm in the same boat here I will stay in the firms one for up to 3 months, get a feel for kuwait and then/during that time look for what you like and can afford

Hope this helps you a bit.
Be lucky
Vindy

Hello shahidee.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

For more interaction, a new thread has been created from your message on the Kuwait forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie