Go Internet

Getting the flat ready for the imminent move to Malta. Have got GO package with wireless internet but the WIFI signal from the router isnt strong enough to reach all rooms in the apartment , currently in the UK and thinking of getting one here . Question is are the Modems for Cable packages (Virgin) suitable for GO in Malta.

does it have to be wireles as you could use a pair or more of the powerline adaptors to get the internet round the apartment (as well as wifi) - using the electric cabling - you pair them to the master one plugged into the main router and the other one is put in a socket where you use the computer...an rj45 cable is then used with fast connection to connect fromthe paired adaptor to the computer...i use them here bought off amazon and they re superb. i use four here in our aprtment...superb virtually no loss of signal strength.

thanks for the reply Toon Army was looking at these and looks like the perfect solution 
by the way if you see someone in Malta in a newcastle top with 9 on the back it may just be me

not many of them - theres only about 6 of us in my village of Mellieha - so we shall watch out.....

we have the melita internet package (25mbps) cisco optical fibre modem and we had the same issue with weak signals at the vary back of the apartment - so we bought the tp-link 1043 ultimate router (59euros here at klikk in san gwanne) running off one of the tp link powerline 200mbps adaptors..... works well - so good luck.

Hi
Slightly off topic. I have a belkin  router/modem I would like to setup on the GO network. Does any one have the settings for ADSL modem. I have looked on the Internet but are very difficult to find!

@scubabaz - Why don't you start a new thread on the Malta forum with your questions? There could be more interaction. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

i have melita so cant help on the go system..however i have always found go very helpful in terms of advice via phone and email....