Schools with an English curriculum in Kuwait

Dear All,

We moved to kuwait leaving the sunny shores of Dubai behind us about 6 months ago and we are really struggling.

Is anybody aware of an English curriculum school that does not charge a bomb - we have 3 kids to put through to school and almost 2500kd per head is very exhorbitant. Half of that would have been a fair figure i believe.

In Dubai you had the luxury of choice, which doesn't seem to be available here. Yes, blame me like my wife is.......i didn't do my homework. We joined in the middle of the last school year and had to put them in any available schgool - which happened to be one of the most expensive.

We are pretty desperate for this info - i hope somebody can help :).

Hello The Nomad 99.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll soon be helped by other members.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks for the welcome note - are you here with your kids - which school are they in.

shes not in Kuwait, as u can tell by the number of her posts shes an administrator, and her location is Mauritius :)

try the sschool sticky posted by SaharEl, with English schools u get what u pay for im afraid, u can go for schools like Cambridge English School, but u sacrifice quality of education.

Dont penny pinch when it comes to your children's education. I am the product of The English School & The New English School, my parents weren't making money hand over foot but they made it work.

Thanks for the advice. The kids were in KNES and TEA last year - I can understand your thoughts about penny pinching but when you have 4 ......... I'd love to keep them where they are but needs must.

You cut your cloth according to your size.............

I know how you feel. I had 3 kids in school, one of them graduated this year and now going to college which I'm paying for. I had my kids in English school Fahaheel until they raised their fees. They will go to Kuwait international English school hawally now as they are the cheapest that I could find. You will not get less than 2500 KD and will pay for uniforms and books. Some people can't understand that you have to choose according to your income as most of the schools are the same in the end. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for your kind note.:)

Is English school fahaheel is a great school and the expat percentage is high? And  all the classes teachers are  British or no  what the weakness in the school

We visited English school Fahaheel on Sunday and were not happy at all.
Looks much worn out, paint peeling of the walls and the kids acted like robots with no fun or smiles on their faces.
We had no hand-outs to take away with us and the person who showed us around was very rude, she made us feel as if we shouldn't be there!

If this was a retail business it would be bust within a week of opening very bad "customer service".

I'm in the process of making a complaint to them, I'll let you know what they say if the can be bothered to come back to me………………..
VLL

I will go Tom  to ve  at our I can't find places in any other places international schools are full here no places I don't know what I will do but the facility of school should be clen as this is new building from 2005  but I noticed that all Kuwait old I have visited the bsk school here it is same as u said I can imagine what u Sid as bsk which is the best facility here like that what about this one

Any chance we can score the schools out of 10?
i did ask on the sticky post at the front end of this forum but not answers/posts/scores to date.

Gulf English School:
Kuwait National English School:
New English School of Kuwait:
The English School:
English School Fahaheel:2/10
The English Playgroup and Primary School:
The English Academy:
Cambridge School:

our children's education is the most important part of our lives, so come on folks share your experiences.

also applies to all you teachers on this forum !!

experiences