Tv/sky in malta

anyone advise about TV in malta?

do you have sky tv?

do you have emmerdale? sorry had to ask?!

anyone tell me anything about tv services in malta

do you have a tv licence

thanks

linda

PM Sent

cable tv services are available from Go or Melita, buit to be brutally honest theyre crap, out of date by 3-4 weeks upto 5 years, and other than football there is generally no LIVE tv broadcasts from uktv despite them showing Granada Tv and BBC Entertainment channels.

If i have to choose for tv and internet id go for Melita....but id go for Go mobiles. and for internet only id choose Melita.

there is another option available but not too readily spoken about openly on these forums and am sure scubaboy will fill you in on that.

Still wish there was a "like" Button on here Toon.... or is it a "Newcastle Brown" button ?

J.

either will do Julian

ahhh... tut tut boys, enough of the mutual admiration society but don't mention those dreaded(CS)words...

I think Jim is still doing some business in Malta with his boxes though...isn't he?

Take care...

Mike

nobody mentiond theose Cs words at all mike....

as for Jim - is he - I dont know - i think all thats here now is the boxes thats being solely sold by SHS amd with all due respect having had the opportunity to trial it for a while - it was not up to the standard that I was expecting. The picture quality was awful and it kept stalling and juddering. Although in fairness I do love the concept especially with the catch up mechanism but it desperately needs more work

Toon, I'm a little surprised! I thought thay many of those problems had been overcome and the service was really quite stable now... but obviously much of that will be down to the individual broadband delivery service... Out of interest when was the last time you tried the service, was it the latter part of last year?

Am not knocking whats on offer just making the statement that it wasnt good enough for me...am sure some people will be fine with it in comparison to the local cable offerings... yes it was around the time of the upgrades to servers and their move to another location. so i had the benefit of an improved service but it still wasnt enough...my BB service was then and is now superb no issues with anything else. ping is very good and speed testing is superb. I even as a last resort had my provider re-provision my whole set up to eradicate any issues there migt have been with their service...made no difference...I have also been in touch with someone who took the service in a different area and they sadly experienced exactly the same and that was early this year. they are now looking for something else.

To be honest the service was OK for what it was. I am using a proxy now for just when i need it.

Mike whats happened to your service ??? this had a lot less freezing but obviously it was online base only.

You also have to remember that with a large Dish and receiver you can still get the FTA channels through the satellite :)

J.

yep agree scoobs. we mainly watch FTA itv1 probably 95% of the time...and we still get itv 1+1 and itv3 and 4+1 ch4 sh5 FTA and can have them in superb HD too if you want it. Mind you minimum of 1.5m dish tho...1.2m can do it but its so fine and the slightest wind or drop in signal/ quality can lose it completely or makie it unwatchable. Next stop is 1.8m....whey hey

let me know if you are getting rid of the 1.5 ;)

it will largely depend on whether our friend and neighbour still wants his feed and if he does then he is likely to buy it.
but will give you first shout after him.

Guys, when discussing the use of FTA / Freesat, remember that all channels are currently on Astra 1N which is a temporary home until Astra 2F is launched (with it's motorised spot beams)...

The launch of Astra 2F has been advanced to this coming September 14th with the transfer of 1N to its new orbit expected prior to the end of the year!

What is currently an unknown is whether or not the FTA / Sky channels currently being broadcast from the 1N euro-beam will simply be moved onto the 2F euro-beam or whether the rights holders have kicked up so much that they will be put onto the tight UK spot beam...

If the first ... happy days in Malta but if the latter ... then start think what alternative birds you could lock onto, because the chances of picking up the UK spot beam will be virtually nil

scubaboy wrote:

Mike whats happened to your service ??? this had a lot less freezing but obviously it was online base only.

J.

Unfortunately, I'm a commercial animal and with the sums not adding up, there was only one way to go... Such a shame as the quality was good and getting better plus we actually had it running upon a small STB but sadly, as a numbers game it needed subscribers in numbers that just could not be seen coming forward.

HeyHo! thats life!!!

Mike

try this all uk stations available (on left hand side of website)

http://www.filmon.com/#Threshold