Problems with IPad

I am having difficulty connecting to Apps Store on my Ipad 2 since I came to Malta.
Does anyone else have the same problem and/ or know of a quick fix?
Also is there an Apple shop/agent in Malta?
Thanks for any help
L

I've had no problems at all downloading apps with my iPhone, so perhaps its a connection issue or your iPad is a bit faulty?
Don't think there is an apple store here, sorry!

Thanks for your reply.
Regards

Hello Lesley

yes in Pieta there is an Apple store its called icentre but its an official authorised dealer?

What model is ur ipad?

cheer
Tiz

Hi Lesley,

the Apple store in Malta is :

http://www.icentre.com.mt/icentre/index.html

Their address is iCentre, Joes Gasan Street,Pieta

There are also other authorized Apple dealers in Malta.

We had no problem downloading apps.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks Tizcam and Ricky
I will visit the icentre.
I have IPad2

Regards

ipad on wifi only or is it the one with a sim card?

and what kind of error is it giving you?

IPad 2 WIFI, I don't know of Sim card IPads.
Apop up on the screen says “ Unable to connect to App Store or Itunes or “unable to back up ICloud”

I have emailed the Icentre in Pieta for support.

Regards

Hi Lesley,

The ipad comes in different versions. If your's is a Wi-Fi only one then you can connect through any wireless network. You should check your wireless settings.

The other versions ( Cellular or 3g) will need a mini-sim card (prefarably from a local provider(Vodaphone)) to be able to use it through the phone network.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks Ricky
I have been to the Icentre today and it worked perfectly well. While I was there I bought and downloaded the books I wanted.
The man didn't know what else to suggest except contact GO (our provider).
It is odd I can connect to the App Store and I Tunes on my MacBook Pro and not on the Ipad, which WiFi and never had a sim for it.  Also I can connect to internet/ email etc on IPad but not the Apps?
I'm stumped now really :(((

Hi Lesley,
As a first step, switch off WiFi (I understand yours is a WiFi only model) then hold the power button on the top right down until the switch off stripe appears.

Switch off, leave for a few seconds then power up again, switch on wifi and see if that has corrected the problem.

If not, send a mail to the AppStore to see if there is a conflict as to where your account is registered as opposed to where you are trying to download Apps. I am thinking this may be a problem because I have had DRM issues with App store when I travel.
Regards

Thanks, will try your suggestion
regards