Expat Club Saudi Arabia! "interested? c`mon in!"

Hi Salman,

Im a new member here. Please tel me if this is still alive.

Tks,
Waleed

thats great...so i didnt miss the bus ;)

Hi I am currently back in London but am returning to Riyadh, I had no idea about this otherwise I would have got all my expat friends together and we would have come with bells on, and trust me there are a lot of us. A mix of Brits, Americans, Canadians, Australians.....  And seeing we are all single females, we never get to go anywhere anyway!!!

I wasn't a member of this site so I didn't know.

Will keep an eye open and will promise to come with friends whenever it is sorted.

Take care.

fab idea!!!

Hi I am currently back in London but am returning to Riyadh, I had no idea about this otherwise I would have got all my expat friends together and we would have come with bells on, and trust me there are a lot of us. A mix of Brits, Americans, Canadians, Australians.....  And seeing we are all single females, we never get to go anywhere anyway!!!

I wasn't a member of this site so I didn't know.

Will keep an eye open and will promise to come with friends whenever it is sorted.

Take care.

fab idea!!!

hey persian, u sure u will be back to riyadh?? ;)

let others take the action, but i dont know where can a group of girls and boys can go here unless they are a family or this is taken place in a compound...i too am eagerly to see the response...

it will be wonderful if this takes place actually

I am on holiday at the moment in my home town, but am contracted for Saudi for the next 2 years at least, so trust me man I will be back. have been in the kingdom now for almost 4 years

There are many places were expats get together and it is not in the gross way, but is organised by other more mature expats who have been in the kingdom forever and a day!!! of course, I or my friends would never put  ourselves into that sort of a situation, so please dont take it the wrong way!!!!

So where are you from?

i am from India but in Riyadh since 7 months now i guess ;)

ok well I hope you enjoy saudi... it is different, but you will manage as many other expats are including myself. It is not amazing and but it is ok for work.

ya...its kinda easy money...thats all i figured out yet...hope to enjoy here as well...maybe i can find some like minded people here in this forum

I am sure you will. and just think of the money!!! lol
thats the only thing that keeps most of us expats going!!

ya thats wat i was least interested in back home, even here
my first priority has always been freedom and enjoy life...which is a complete NO here :(

Hi Ppl,

Have just joined this forum.

I from Manchester UK, been in KSA for 3 months

if there is a meet, I will be interested

Thanks

Hi All,

The moment i saw this topic i've gone through all the old posts and here i'm expecting a desert ride :)
Its been 7 days precisely for me at Riyadh...

I'm from India by the way..

Regards,
Riyaz

welcome to Saudi.....

It is interesting here..... challenging yet interesting.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

hey riyaz,

i remember someone greeted me by saying "Welcome to the royal prison" when i arrived here for work! wud wanna say the same to u, but its not that bad too

its not that bad...been here 3 months...you have to make things happen....lots of sports opportunities....camping in the desert.... heritage / culture - masmak fort...

Make a trip to the Al Jandriyah festival...went yesterday...its well organised...

and if everything else fails - there are plenty of malls - Im sure the ladies cannot get bored!

Hey Shahab & members,

Thanks for your Royal greetings :)

Yeah it only needs time to change.. WHere are you from in India?

Saudi UK
Good to know these places but before that i need to get a car to travel around :/ hopefully i get some thing sooner and start exploring..

cheers

I wana be in ,, if there is any social gatherin soon
plz lemme know

Alright Everyone!

lets see whos serious this time.

I will organize a full evening visit to the "Janadria" on 30th March - Tuesday well gather at 5 PM and spend all evening at the Janadria probably coming back to riyadh and having a joint dinner at some resturaunt.

ofcourse if we dont have female members we wont go in since its only families. :one

now... if your in, email me @ [email protected].

I will need the following information

your Name:
number of people wanting to come with you (e.g. spouse/ kids):
Contact information.

if you have suggestions or remarks, just post them here. no off topic posts pleaze :D

Salman

:(:(:(
i m leaving for jeddah tomorrow...gonna be back after a month. well, hope u guys make it this time so that when i come back, u will do in a more grand way ;)
please make this happen. and all of u out there, ENJOY!

I will organize a full evening visit to the "Janadria" on 30th March - Tuesday

Explain, please?  I'd like to go but I'm not gonna stick out my neck!! :P

I'm already under surveillance for wearing red on Valentine's Day!  :lol::lol::lol::lol:

WELCOME BACK Allie!!! :lol:

God I missed you in here.

hmm, more details on ze vay.

I'm already under surveillance for wearing red on Valentine's Day!

hehehehe,this is funny :D

and coming back to u salman:mad:....u know my job timings and u r making the plan for 5pm:(

God I missed you in here.

:kiss:

btw, I just figured I DONT have details, what exactly do you want to know? I'll figure the details based on your questions.

the agreed day is tomorow, so whos in? :| we can gather at anytime later then 5 so that aint a problem.

Salman

event cancelled due to no attendees as usuall..

sorry salman, i have a valid excuse....i m in jeddah and i have told that before....

[large][large]It seems that I am very late joining such discussion and I felt no harm texting you a message and to know whether your experience was successful so far or not. If yes, feel free to contact me joining the group and exchange culture and create activities in here. I will be very glad to hear shortly from you even if your idea didn't step ahead.

All the best I remain,

Your brother,

Yosuf
[/large][/large]

Yosuf, you need to put your text between the brackets, like this:

[large]YOUR TEXT[large]

so now we r having free lessons on html code huh? wonderful

hello
i will be happy to there  i am expert in IT

thanks Allicat for your note I will consider this from now on...

aw come on, musicman.. you know I'm a sucker when it comes to helping the clueless :lol:

Question for abotarqsa:

How can you be an expat if you are a Saudi and living in Riyadh?  I don't understand this.

welcome to me home
this group or web is about (Share your expat experience)
and i am Saudi and like to share what i know i have been travailing from 1984 to US and Eroub and others
i will be happy to be with expert from other culture and to know more about them

by the way we do not know alot about what we have

if u need more u can write to me at [email protected]
any one welcome to share what ever he or she like about Saudi and our culture and norm and value   
what i am expert in is the IT 
happy that i found this and i will tray to be part of any activity
welcome all to Riyadh

You know, we have other Saudi members in this forum but they don't claim expat status so I was curious why you did.

Some people might disagree about 'locals' in an expat forum, but I think you bring valuable information and insight. 

Speaking for myself, thanks for joining us :)

saraand - this specific forum has alot of IT people that maybe you can tell about what you do.

sorry to hear a NO SHOW Salman - i would have gone with Shahab if the date noted was a little later - one more week left before I leave to Riyadh

thanks for the sympathy ray :rolleyes: i sure need it.

thank Alliecat and i will be happy to gave any information to any one
i like to feel that i am part of this group to

and a big welcome to abotarqsa whom I forgot to welcome previously :D

Salman