Expat Club Saudi Arabia! "interested? c`mon in!"

Welcome to the Kingdom Missdriving :D

you might want to contact the Expat-Club Vice President Aliecat and join the girls team just for starters ;)

once you know some people, the circle keeps growing.

Salman

:rolleyes:  missdriving or mrdriving  ????   :rolleyes:

Salman Omrani wrote:

Welcome to the Kingdom Missdriving :D

you might want to contact the Expat-Club Vice President Aliecat and join the girls team just for starters ;)

once you know some people, the circle keeps growing.

Salman

Wow the PuddyTat has been nominated as VP. CONGRATS!!!

(moderated: off topic. Please start a new discussion. thank you)

ya but i m still wondering who has been nominated as the angel??

Susan Boyle is the only Angel on the Planet

musicman wrote:

Susan Boyle is the only Angel on the Planet

LOL! I bet you told your Mrs. about this as well. btw musicman, as Co-Founder, your not really being active these days. in the Club's cause that is. hehehehe

Salman

Hi Missdriving

Welcome to Riyadh, hope you are settled... slightly.
I myself have been in the kingdom for several years now and it gets better with time.

There are many expat activities opened to fellow brits/americans/canadians/ Australians and so on.

I myself am a British female in Saudi... there are loads of us...
I will send you a private with all the details of events and adventures that are arranged especially for us in the Kingdom, and many events that take place in the DQ, where you and your friend will get the chance to meet fellow expats, both male and female as well as interact at other embassy parties and evens that are held.

I hope you are enjoying Riyadh... In the beginning I found myself shopping all the time for stuff I didn't even need... just because I thought it was the only think I could do... but that is not the case.

If you have any questions please send me a message and I will be happy to get back to you.

Kind regards

That's what I love about your blog"Everyone is so supportive"One just need to come with some issue or query and many of us come up with solutions...Love this place :cheers:

I agree.... I wish I knew about these types of sites when I first came to the middle-east.. it would have made it a lot easier and a lost less tears would have been involved. :)

Persian wrote:

I agree.... I wish I knew about these types of sites when I first came to the middle-east.. it would have made it a lot easier and a lost less tears would have been involved. :)

awww...so bad to know abt the tears.
it wud have been good if tears wud have been lost for ever...

It would have been good... but it was a hard transition from London to Saudi...I have just learnt to block it out!!! And think of the tax free income!!! Hahaha
It is the only thing that keeps 99.9% of expats in the country!!! :)

Not exactly .We da muslims r usually motivated due to the existence of Holy Place "Khana-e-Kaaba" otherwise it wasnt too easy to decide.

Well I am not sure about rest of the muslims expats but thats the case with me:)

The Muslim expats I know take advantage of the fact that they are in the holy land... and most if not all have completed Umra and done Haj, but from my experience I found that most westerners including Muslims will not stay any longer than need be, as it is very easy to make the pilgrimage from the west, most of them also have children and it is hard to find an education that is to western standards in the Kingdom as well as the lack of freedom for most women… trust me it puts a strain on most marriages.

For the record I am also a Muslim.

ya...the main reason for the muslims here is makkah and madina
but apart from that, i feel this is a place for the people who life to save money as there isnt much to spent here...
i m now bored of spending on my clothes,shoes etc.

Persian wrote:

trust me it puts a strain on most marriages.

please elaborate, i think its time for me to get married but wats this shocker?

hahahaha nothing shocking... it is hard.. especially if Saudi is not your country to adjust with your husband or wife to the lifestyle as it is completely different to most other countries.... i.e meaning restrictions and equality issues this is only from my own opinion and of course it is not the case always.. but it is not about Saudi… it is marriage in general and being in a different country… aware from your normal comforts.

Nearly all of my expats friend's marriages have been rocky since in Kingdom and a lot end up leaving to save their marriage. It is really hard to bring a wife or husband from the west into the kingdom and expect that all will run smoothly... frustration, depression and anger are the main emotions..

But I am sure you will be fine and marriage is a blessing, to find that one person to spend the rest of your life with … is the greatest thing ever…. Now don't forget to invite me :)

I know what you mean... I spend most of my time buying things I will never use!!!! ever!!! :)

sure, u all will be invited ;) (its a lie!!)lol
even i m a bit uncomfortable bringing a person here. lets see wat happens. first, lemme find the one who can tolerate me for the rest of the LIFE!

Wow the PuddyTat has been nominated as VP. CONGRATS!!!

musicman, it was one of those deals where I was the one person who didn't attend a meeting so they voted ME in!

lol

it puts a strain on most marriages.

I can understand that if one person is here due to the PARTNER being here; ie. a 'trailing spouse.

But for me, seriously, if I had a partner here, I think I would be happy and treat him so well he'd think he's died and gone to heaven (of course, I'd expect the same treatment lol).

I say this because if you're here alone, it makes you realize how important a partner is (maybe not in your home country, but for sure in a foreign country).

Alliecat wrote:

foreign country.

SAUDI ARABIA

I agree it would be better with a partner in the kingdom for many reason to name a few and of course you would treat them the way a husband or wife should always be treated.

I think I just worry too much and am slightly concerned that mentioning to a future husband that we will have to live in Saudi... might be a bit of deal breaker!!! lol

But I guess if the love is there and there is a solid understanding ... there shouldn't be a problem. :)

as far i have seen life here, its good for husbands in comparison to wives.
a husband will have someone at home after a tiring work day, he will have a passport in wife to enter the malls or a passport to go anywhere...as for the wifes, it will be a closed 4 walls till the husband takes her out...

Persian wrote:

The Muslim expats I know take advantage of the fact that they are in the holy land... and most if not all have completed Umra and done Haj, but from my experience I found that most westerners including Muslims will not stay any longer than need be, as it is very easy to make the pilgrimage from the west, most of them also have children and it is hard to find an education that is to western standards in the Kingdom as well as the lack of freedom for most women… trust me it puts a strain on most marriages.

For the record I am also a Muslim.

Persian,is your nick. so I i had pre assumed that u r Muslim but in this blog we r away from all these religion issues so "I" should stop mentioning it.

I may not aware the severeness of breaking marriages in Kingdom of western community but i m surprised to know it.I still believe if u love your husband or bit realistic about the future u would survive here,nothing else could stop u in saudi.

It is not the case always... you must understand this is only what I have experienced in the last few years... and I don't enjoy talking religion here either, but just wanted to clarify so it is clear that I was not pointing the finger, and if I am not mistaken 'We da muslims' was NOT one of my quotes.

Yes it is a case of loving your husband but as a husband it is his duty to keep his wife happy and if the kingdom is not what she wants then his love will be put to the test, from both sides.... hence equality

It is not always just about the wife being a good wife and loving her husband... I have many male friends who bring their wife's over to Saudi and they completely freak out and then come every few months for a few months and this continues... and these guys are Arabs!!!

Most of the women expats including myself are working in the Kingdom in professional posts and if husbands are involved it is normally a joint decision to remain, leave or come to different travel arrangement.

I really believe it is where you are originally from and the culture and society you originally come from that will determine how flexible you are willing to be.

I have seen first hand, many issues in Saudi; that have causes issues between people... but of course this is just my opinion.

okay guys lets change the topic to the original one...SALMAN, look wat is being dont to ur topic!

I agree this is way to heavy for mid-week!!!! :)

So returning to original post:

Sorry Missdriving.... :)

You get very passionate about topics after being in the kingdom for a few years... :)lol

no worries, I enjoyed reading through the posts :D

Well as long as you enjoyed it... :)

so lets continue ;)

ok since we can go off topic..:rolleyes:

I am loving youe frowned eyebrow  :P

It looks sexy :shy

c'mon guys tell me wat happened to salman's eyebrow???

Have any of you guys been Hashing?

This is best discussed in private.  Please PM her if you have info for her.  Thanks.

Missdriving - Welcome to Riyadh and the forum.  We look forward to hearing from you!!!

Allie - CONGRATULATIONS on you appointment to VP!  Im honored to know you!!!  :lol::lol::lol:

Persian - can you also send me details of the events and adventures that are arranged here in the Kingdom?  Im fairly new, don't work and Im tired of "shopping!"  LOL :D

Hi CAF

.... no problem will get them to you in a private....
I know I was in shock when I realised that I was tired of Shopping!!! hahahahahahha  :) I never thought I would see the day!! lol

no private stuff here! atleast with some active memebers

CAF wrote:

Missdriving - Welcome to Riyadh and the forum.  We look forward to hearing from you!!!

Allie - CONGRATULATIONS on you appointment to VP!  Im honored to know you!!!  :lol::lol::lol:

Persian - can you also send me details of the events and adventures that are arranged here in the Kingdom?  Im fairly new, don't work and Im tired of "shopping!"  LOL :D

Allie - CONGRATULATIONS on you appointment to VP!  Im honored to know you!!! 

oopzzzz :rolleyes: I forgot to congrats her too

MaM...Since u got new higher post :thanks:Pl dont forget your old tiny miny piny friends...I am one of them :kiss:

Alliecat was designated the VP on the first Expat-Club Meeting. nothing new.:/