Expat Club Saudi Arabia! "interested? c`mon in!"

abotarqsa ...Oh God ,not an easy nick to pronounce:rolleyes:

thnaks again

i am abo Taraq witch mean father of Taraq me name is   Abulrahman
welcome

Ohhhh got it :D

i think it will be so nice if we can make it in bahrian

4th day in Riyadh, first time in KSA. Ummm...I have a lot going on right now (opportunity in Al Jouf...better job) but wherever I end up, I'll definitely need an expat community to maintain my sanity. Nonetheless, am excited about living abroad again...was very thirsty for adventure.

Any tips on Al Jouf will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

hi strong79

i agree with u in bahrain it will be good to

hello kat,

you might want to start a new thread regarding your question. but i'll try to dig any info on jouf, never been there though, and I hear very little about it.

Salman

PS:
for me to travel outside the kingdom for now would be difficult, so no bahrain for moi. :P

chk this site out, it has lots of valuable info on Al Jouf:-

http://www.the-saudi.net/saudi-arabia/jouf/index.htm

havent been there myself although we have been making plans to travel to Tabuk, Madan Salih, etc north of Madinah for many years. Must do it soon.

Thanks Musicman ;)

Salman

Hi there, me and my husband would like to join.

I have to admit that I have hesitated to write here because a lot of strange messages comes from men looking for expat women. :(

Emma

Emma, first of all i dont think thats true as men look for ANY women ;)
well jokes apart, i dont think that can/will happen in Saudi Arabia. it depends on the particular woman or man (as it is all over the world)
welcome to this group and wud want u to join to see how things and people are

Emma,

I'm glad you decided to join us. :top: and welcome to Expat-Club.

Dear All,

This is a general Invitation for a picnic to the desert. its a semi full day event. I've decided 22nd April.

requirements:

1. 100 riyals per person (for adults, youngster can come free)
1.1 if you bring and share your 4x4 you get 40% off (for the whole family)

2. you confirm with me by mail. ([email protected])
2.2 subject should say (desert Picnic)

3. anything else we decide on in this thread before the picnic day. :P

plan:

gather in the city early noon, and leave in a group. start packing for the return on sunset.

--

I dont want messages like, im in, or too bad im not around at that time. I'll respect it if you can't make it and no one is going to hold it against you, but if your interested. send me the darn mail. if not, dont do nothing. :lol:
if your going to post anything on this thread from now on, then it should be constructive & topic related. like a question regarding the outing "other than the obvious". or a genuine suggestion related to an outing or an invitation if your an Expat-Club management member. (which almost none of you are :P)

so if I see any post in here that I find not related or non constructive, in other words (chit chat), I'll have it removed.

(talk about salman being rude huh? :rolleyes: )

so people of the Expat.com, are you ready to become people of the Expat Club?

PS:

if your working on thursdays as well, I suggest you take that day off, I think a couple of weeks notice is enough for anyone. I didnt choose friday since some might not like that, but feel free to suggest your prefered day providing convincing reason for it.

Thanks Musicman for the link...I'd found that one already but I appreciate your input.  And Salman, can I still be a member of the Expat Club even if I don't remain in Riyadh? If so, please count me in!

Thanks again!!

katvaara wrote:

Thanks Musicman for the link...I'd found that one already but I appreciate your input.  And Salman, can I still be a member of the Expat Club even if I don't remain in Riyadh? If so, please count me in!

Thanks again!!

well, I suppose theres no harm in that :D

oh and by the way every one. I have recieved untill now 5 requests only. I was expecting more though. 4 days to go. ;)

Salman

SALMAN SUGGESTED POSTING ATICUS' ANNOUNCEMENT
ABOUT A TURKISH BAZAAR IN THE EXPAT CLUB THREAD

Turkish Embassy Spring Festival and Charity

It will be on Thursday (April 22th, 2010) in Turkish Embassy, DQ / Riyadh..
It will be between 11:00 to 17:00 hrs.

-Folk Dances
-Activities for Children
-Regional Dishes
-Handcrafts and Souvenirs
-Charity Raffle

THIS is the opportunity we've been waiting for!

We can all meet--in person--no cheesy avatars lol--at this function.  Maybe the members of this blog wear something
(a rose behind our ears? ha!) so we can recognize each other (although the eagles will all know each other after this weekend's get-together).

Last bazaar I was to at the DQ was on a lovely day, and some of us (male and female colleagues) sat in the shade, eating shawermas and drinking coke, telling stories, laughing, and had a great time.

COUNT ME IN!!!

i like the IDEA:D and i am so damn excited for our get together....i am thinking to get some desi food so u can try new stuff :)

Sounds GREAT, nonz.. but not too hot.  I have a very delicate tongue :lol:

hens on fire.....
thats HOT, maaaaaan!

OKIE DOKIE:(

have a great time gals
guess u deserve it more than us

Ok everyone, I'm having trouble organizing the 4x4, since its not only the rent, but there has to be a security deposit of 3000SAR, which I cannot manage at the time being.

so unfortuantely due to a small number of participants we cannot afford the planned outing.. :( I know..

so I've decided to join plan B. Aticus, you better be there :lol: I'll wear a beard so everyone can recognise me, :P

what about you people? whos coming? just bring some small snacks from home, we can all share :)

Salman

and sorry again, it didnt turn out like I planned it.

bring food?  Nahhhhhhhh...I'm gonna buy sharmas!!!

Hmmm when ?if its thursday i cant make it :(

hi hows your expat club is it up an running or a non starter am coming out to saudi next month not long to go now
cheers maggie.

There are lots of good places for picnics within an hours drive of Riyadh that don't require 4wD.

If you stick to the rocky areas there are numerous good quality tracks that take you to attractive tucked away spots that are good for picnic and camping and readily accessible by 2wDs.

hello

i am ready when u do and i have Armada 4w4 i can share

just tell the time

Hi,

I have taken-up a challenging role in Riyadh, expected to be there around the 2nd of June.
Please keep-up the high spirits shown by you guyz...special mention to Salman, Musicman and Alliecat - you guyz rock!

special mention to Salman, Musicman and Alliecat - you guyz rock!

Thanks, Oz-Sap!

You rock, too, if you think I rock! hehe haha! :)

Hi Guys,

Its really nice to see this group. Gives me a sensation of life in desert ;) Thanks to Salman for creating this idea and thanks to all for keeping it up!

I came here 3 weeks ago! Good food, shopping and slightly good weather...this is what I have been upto so far!

I am here in Saudi for an year or so! Hope,we can have good time here.

I am interested in joining the club, only been here 2 days and need to find things to do?

Hi Nelson

and Welcome to Saudi Arabia.

hi! im willing to join the group too....

Welcome Dreamer :D

what group u guys r talking about :o.....there is no such group :lol:

:rolleyes:

:top:

Keep going Salman

Ioanna wrote:

:top:

Keep going Salman

Thank you!!:D

Hi all! New in town, ( riyadh) any tips on what to do for social activities ? Shopped already,had lots of pool time, signed up at the US embassy, etc. I am here working for a year, also have a friend with me ( another female). Just your typical fun-loving 35 year old female looking to expand her horizons, and meet new people.
Thanks so much !
missdriving

welcome missdriving...
is ur user name missdriving or r u missing driving??