Abha Trip

Greetings,

Looking for a guide to travel for ABHA by Car, if anyone here experienced it. About , Highway, Hotels, etc...

Regards,

Zeesham wrote:

Greetings,

Looking for a guide to travel for ABHA by Car, if anyone here experienced it. About , Highway, Hotels, etc...

Regards,

I have traveled by road a couple of times, PM me as to what you want to know specifically.

My family and me are planning also a little trip from Jeddah to Abha by car since 20 to 22 September. We don't like go alone. ..prefer a group of some cars. Somebody in my dates for go together?

Dear,

This is regarding ABHA trip, I am planning to go there with my family having a sedan car. I hear that you cannot drive a sedan to ABHA as road are not good.

So, if you have idea how long it will take which car is better for travelling.

Apart from this, I am interested to know how much for hotels to stay how best we can spend the days in ABHA (DO & DON'T). how much it will cost me for overall trip considering we are 3 members including kid.

Thanks,

Its ok to drive stick  or sedan to Abha, better actually since the roads once you reach there are curvy and going up and down. Automatic cars will burn the break pads a lot faster than stick.Does not make any difference if its a Sedan, unless you cant sit in a sedan for some other reasons for over 10 hrs.

You will need to drive close to 1200kms from Ryd to reach Abha, easiest route is Riyadh - Kharj- Aflaj-Wadi Dawasir- Khamis Mushayt- Abha. This road is not that frequented with lot of petrol stations as the route to Makkah or Jeddah. But still you will find some places. If you start early morning @5 you can reach Wadi Dawasir for lunch and then by 5 in the evening you can reach Abha.

Do's and Donts are same across KSA. You will find a lot of furnished apartments in Abha in the range of 300 - 600 SAR / night. There are several places to see : Rijal Al Alma, Souda, Habalah, Jabal Akhdar etc .

You can use Sedan Car in Abha.. no problem....

and there are many good hotels .. but it will depend on your budget..