Hello / Kiaora!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this Expat.com and I'd love to meet new amazing people in the area who are like minded.

I worked for 8 years in the film industry in New Zealand and am now back in Kuala Lumpur (you can take a girl out of KL but you cant take KL out of a girl) running my own business. I'd love to network and get to know more people.

I work in the office blocks in Publika, Solaris Dutamas and there're heaps of places for food and coffee. If anyone is nearby do drop me a line.

Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Azean

HI Azean

welcomeback to KL
My name is Choi from Korea.
I am living at Sri Hartamas Windsor tower
I beleive that it is pretty close to your office(dotamas right?)
yes there many cool place hope to chill out cometimes.....
my email is [email protected]

cheers
Choi

Hi there,

I'm definately not an expat here but do feel like an alien in my own country. Thats what happen when you travel too much... your friends start to forget you exist coz most of the time when they call you, you are away.

What a nice experience to have lived in NZ. 8 years abroad may not be that long but long enough to return home and feeling like an alien, right?

Anyway my ofc is in block D2 near yours but unfortunately I am only based there as I spend only around 5 days in a month in KL.
So if you are interested to have coffee one day I will buzz you when I am home.

Cheers.

Zafri

Hi Choi,

Yes you are quite close to me. Publika, or Solaris Dutamas is such a food heaven. About 70% is f&b so you should absolutely come by.. I'll be in touch and once I'm back from Kota Kinabalu we can meet up. I am keen to make new friends.

Have a great weekend and stay in touch.

Hello Zafri,

It's nice to meet you. I guess I do understand how you feel and what you're going through. Personally I wouldn't say I feel like an alien, I am so happy to be back, this is home to me and home is where you make it. But I do get what you're saying about friends changing, but that's normal. People change, so do we.

But you are so extremely fortunate to be traveling around so much making new friends and meeting new amazing, and interesting people. That's something most people envy!

I think there are lovely people everywhere so I hope you meet them. I would love to meet you and share travel experiences or even some of your experience coming back home. I truly believe it's all about the company you keep and if your current company makes you feel like an alien, get new company.

I will be away this entire week as I'm climbing Kinabalu with my (newly found, Malaysian) friends. How often do you come back to Publika?

Hello Again,

Don't get me wrong. Everything is fine with the organization I'm with. Its just that I seem to have more friends outside KL and overseas that in my 'home-city'. I guess I make more effort when I am away...

Climbing Kinabalu...thats great! I would love to go mount kinabalu again. Make sure you bring a windbreaker and wear something warm inside as it is really2 cold on top. But I guess you are use of cold weather. Ha ha ha. You travel like a city gal or backpacker? Looking at your face feng shui,definately city traveler, right?

I was at Avillion PD yesterday, in Lost World Tambun (Ipoh) today, then Penang, then straight to Melaka and be back on 29 this month. I practically live in and out of a suitcase.....

Have a safe trip to KK. After Kinabalu go to the beaches. Sheraton/Shangrilla Tanjung Rhu (if i got it right) is fantastic and Gaya Island is a Haven.

Go to Papar or Dongongan to see a more real life style of Sabahan. Rahmataz is a great club known only to locals and the markets near Promenade is not bad.

See what I mean? I know KK better than KL. Ha ha ha.

Take care

Hey Azean,

How is it living in New Zealand? I spent 9 years in the US and now back for the past 3 years and I agree, you cant take KL out of anyone. :P

Cheers,
Ravi

You are most welcome to KL

Hi Ravi and okwudili,

It's great to meet you guys. I'm loving it in KL right now.

Zafrie, I had a blast climbing the mountain. I didn't reach the peak though, just 1.8km short. So I'll be doing it again next year at about the same time. I think it'll be easier and I'll be more prepared. :)

hi azean .. if I want to meet you there how can I contact you?

hey guys

m new to KL. Would love to meet some local people. m putting up at bukit bintang.

cheers
adi

Welcome back to KL, Azean!

Cheers,
Joanne