Divorce In Egypt!!

as far as i know , there is no online site show the marital status or the personal information of citizens .

regarding your friend ; Did she marry Official marriage ???? or orfi ??????
and what do you mean that marriage certificate is open dated ?????

if she married official marriage in egypt , I assume that she can ask for a marriage certificate from the egyptian embassy in canada (it will take longer time ) ..... or maybe the husband can issue a certificate if he is in egypt

it is not by orfi but open dated marriage means the ambassador didnt put any date on the marriage certificate. as the ambassador is waiting for her to return to egypt first.
their marriage was certified via embassy of egypt. they already divorced that is why she wants to check if the marriage was registered. trieed to get status via embassy but they said needs to request a letter from egypt about the singleness

which embassy ??? and why ambassador wit for her to come to egypt again !!!!!!! it is like a marriage in steps :D

well , as far as i know that marriage between an egyptian & Non-egyptian is done in mogamaa el-tahreer in Cairo .....
and as far as i know , they give marriage certificate with the date of marriage . because authentication of marriage is done there in "mogamaa "

regarding the embassy of egypt , they are just like a mediator between you and the minstry of interior in egypt ( which is responsible for issuing the marriage cerrtificates ) ... the embassy get the request from you and contact the minstry of interior , and deliver the document to you ..... but it will take long time ..... may be very very long.

something confusing , why would the embassy of egypt ask your foreigner friend for a certicate of being single in egypt , while she ask them for her marriage document issued in egypt ??????  such document is required when someone go to do a marriage ...... your friend is already married in egypt , as i understood !!!

Embassy of Egypt in another country.

the marriage happened in another country

after a year of marriage, they already divorced. divorced was processed where the marriage happened but not sure if the marriage was also registered in egypt. she needs to know so that she would know the next step if she needs to process the cancellation of marriage in egypt or not. cause she is not sure if the marriage was even registered in egypt.

here is the link for requesting marriage certificates from minstry of interior .......... it is in arabic ... i tried to shift it to english but it didnt work

https://cso.gov.eg/NetServices?ServiceId=3

if she was married in the egyptian embassy , then marraige is registered in egypt ....... however  , the issue of open date is weird for me .... honestly, I never heard about that before .....  maybe it happened for a reason ..

as far as i knw that they give 2 copies of marriage certificates .. one for husband .. one for wife .

what is the nationalty of your friend ???? is she egyptian ????  if she is egyptian she can request from minstry of interior all the needed documents

it was open dated because she was asked to go to egypt so that the country where the marriage happened can send the registration to egypt.

if she request via online for the document, will it be sent overseas, via email or only on her address in egypt?
cause she doesn't have any permanent address in egypt anymore.

Hope you feel good now 😊

Not true. I'm a foreigner, married my Coptic husband here in Cairo after being baptized. We were married at the Ministry of Justice and in the Church. Was a lot of paperwork. The divorce will be even more!

Hi, with regards to Divorce in Absentia. Can husband who reported divorce in Absentia get paper from whenever (sorry don't know from where) that he is divorced and get legally married with uk or us citizen, before 3 months are gone?

i assume yes .
i didn't hear about 3 months waiting for men to be married again .
unless it is something maybe related to rules of church , maybe.

official papers are issued from ministry of interior ........
and to be accepted abroad , it must be authenticated from ministry of foreign affairs in egypt

ahmed197666 wrote:

official papers are issued from ministry of interior ........
and to be accepted abroad , it must be authenticated from ministry of foreign affairs in egypt

So if he can get this paper straight away?

as long as the data are on the computer system of minstry of interior , then he cane  get it immediately ............ my last time to go there to issue a document was many years ago............ i dont know if there is a delay or not.

if data doesnt exist on the computer system yet ,.. for example a recent marriage ; then he may need to go into some procedures to in the Main departments make it done ....... may take 10 days ........... that is what i heard , but for  myself i never needed to go to such pathway before .......... i am sorry if i cant give an exact answer

Can I (an American)  and my wife (filipina) get divorced there in Egypt? We were married in the Philipines in 2016. If so, what would the procedure and cost be?

Sorry but u cannot divorse her in Egypt since u were married in Philippines. All u have to do is get an annulment in Philippines bec no divorce in Phils.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Annulments are very very expensive in the philippines and super strict on qualifications. There are many countries where we can get divorced even though we were married in the philippines. Please dont pass along bad info when you are guessing and if you don't know. It only delays people looking for accurate facts. I alreafy spoke to a lawyer in Egypt and he guaranteed me a divorce in Egypt, with or without my wife present!! Of course it's much quicker and easier if both are present.  ***.   :)

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : religious bigotry + Bad language

Ic, thats great. So i can divorce my husband here in saudi? Since we are both here? Sorry for wrong information i gave u, it is just someone told me that it is the right thing to do. Anyway thank u for correcting me!

How does a non Egyptian Muslim man from UK divorce his Egyptian wife in Egypt at the Lazoughly Ministry of justice building

Thanks in advance.

Muslim divorce rules are the same regardless z of which country. Divorce for Muslims is a lot easier than it is for Christians.

First, it depends where you were married.. Egypt or UK ... Getting married in one country  and divorced in another is complicated to say the least .... If your wife has or can be by naturalisation become a UK citizen and you are a UK citizen then harder to get divorced in Egypt even if you were married there .. again complicated...

My best advice is first get a solicitor in UK to advise you on the best course of action ..

Be careful if you have to hire a lawyer in Egypt to do the job as they will put the arm in on cost because you are seen as UK and rich.

It will be a longer and more expensive process in Egypt with translation of all documents with a translator for you and finding a lawyer who is fluent in English plus the whole religious issue which further complicates the proceedings not to mention the air fares and accommodation. And if an Egyptian marriage contract and what's in it and if you have kids..

So best of luck you will need it

Kindest regards

Ray

PS I am Irish and married to an Egyptian woman, now Irish and married in Ministry of Justice.

Hi Ray

I was married in Egypt and my partner is still in Egypt. She has never been a UK citizen.  I am non Egyptian Muslim married to an Egyptian Muslim woman.

Why is it difficult to get divorced in Egypt ?. Most people keep saying to go to the Lazoughly Ministry of justice building.

They say the divorce can be done instantly in a day.

I really don't want to hire a lawyer from there. I really need to do this without a lawyer.

We also have 1 child together.

I have copies of marriage certificate, her birth certificate, ID copy, original old passport etc.

Hi

You are as they say in legal terms "A innocent abroad" ... I am not being derogatory in any way but you have no idea what to do or how to do it and you are legally and fully married in Egyptian law and your marriage will legally stand in the UK. You just cannot ignore your egyptian marriage and get married again in the UK or you will be committing bigamy,  a crime.

You don't know the language... you don't know the legal procedures ... you don't know the legal documentation... They won't speak to you in the ministry of justice in English... In reality they will either ignore you or just laugh at you ... and I am not trying to belittle you, just reality...

The law in Egypt will first be based on what is in your marriage contract and then in laws which dictate divorce in Egypt. I am not a lawyer but I am somewhat informed that the laws on divorce have been changed in the last couple of years to avoid abandonment of a wife and that as a minimum you have to provide housing and money to support her and the child until 18. Now again I am not a lawyer. If it was me I would not really know where to start BUT I would start with a lawyer and get a recommendation from the UK embassy for one who would at least be completely fluent in English. It will not be cheap and it will take time and you will have to most likely present yourself at least once in Egypt.

If I were you I would not be inclined to listen to hearsay on this form, I was in the armed forces for 8 years and we used to call this advice from "Barracks room lawyer's".  Law in Egypt as well as the UK is complex and not for amateurs.

Kindest regards

Ray

I don't mean any disrespect to Egyptian law/culture.  But I am glad I dodge the bullet of getting married to an Egyptian man.  I am reading the thread, and I feel like in the end, if I married him, I will be the one asking these questions in the future. 

@Linn0156   not all people are the same ........ and this apply for any nationality ...... you shall find good people and bad people as well .

@ahmed197666 I understand.  That is why I have a disclaimer that I do not mean any disrespect because my experience is my own and I am not generalizing.  :)

@HappyExpats

You can send a letter to the courthouse and tell that you will devorce. Than you don't need an lawyer.

Hello expat community.

I am Croatian woman living in Croatia and expecting a child with an Egyptian man. Unfortunately, we don't get well along anymore. He and his family insist on us getting married in Croatia and legalizing marriage in Egypt via Egyptian embassy in Croatia so that child would not be "a son of a sin". The father of the child also promised to divorced me immediately, because we are getting married just for the baby.

I am writing in a hope that one can referred me to a lawyer that knows Egyptian familiy laws. I am very afraid that by getting this marriage and divorce I loose rights over the baby and that Egyptian father could take it one day from me, take it to Egypt and that basically it will be hard for me to get it back, as Egyptian laws favor men.

Did anyone have / knows of similar situation? Can anyone refer me to egyptian lawyer with whom I could talk and understand my rights in case of with and without this marriage to the father of the child.

Thanks a lot

Quick reply - say 'no thanks' to your ex boyfriend and mean it.

It's the only way to stay safe and keep your child for sure.

@ahmed197666  I have a question will this document show (for a egyptian woman marrying a european muslim man ) how many marriages if any the egyptian woman has had and will it show the less casual temporary urfi muslim marriages the woman may have had? If not how can you check the womans history of these marriages and how far do all marraige records back date full egyptian and urfi?

Thanks

if you are a european muslim man marrying a muslim egyptian women, once you get married in egypt you can then get a 5 year residence visa, are you allowed to buy property or work or make a business in egypt in this time? If you got divorced by your muslim egyptian wife during this time is it possible to continue staying in egypt to spend the time and buy property or work or make a business? Can i renew it once it expires as a 5 year residency again even though ill be divorced?

Also how long does the foreign muslim husband have to be married to be liable to a court issued maintainance compensation if there is a divorce? If we had a child and the wife pushed for a divorce I would want to fight being taken for too much maintainance, I would be happy to let my ex wife and child stay in a egyptian apartment I will purchase and happy to pay for general living costs for the child but only the essentials and mid level things that relate to the childs life style choices. Would this be dictated by the egyptian family courts and what is expected from the ruling? What would they likely rule if the wife initiated the divorce with me showing no sign of fauly as a husband? I would want to care for them if they even ruled she is not entitled to anything or maintainance as she initiated divorce.

If I went back to europe temporarily or half a year at a time, would the ex wife be able to file in the scottish courts for child support payments and get a higher amount already issued in Egypt family courts?

My last hypothetical question is , if we had a child in egypt and divorced and I paid the amounts in maintainance and so on. Could my ex wife use the child (when she does not have scottish residency as we only lived in egypt never Scotland) to move to UK even if the child has never lived here yet due to the child having me as a Scottish  nationality father? Or could the child do this after age 18 and then later get the mother to be able to live in the UK  and settle permanently with the child somehow? I am asking these questions as I am researching before marriage and want some experienced peoples answers,

I understand laws of countries change over time and legal advice professionaly received will be needed to be sure.

Would like some advice if any know rough answers

Thanks

I want to get married to my muslim fiance I love her very much and she seems a good person.

@ahmed197666 @ahmed197666  I have a question will this document show (for a egyptian woman marrying a european muslim man ) how many marriages if any the egyptian woman has had and will it show the less casual temporary urfi muslim marriages the woman may have had? If not how can you check the womans history of these marriages and how far do all marraige records back date full egyptian and urfi?

Thanks

Reading this thread, it sounds like its time for a divorce contract in not only Egypt but everywhere. This would be done before marrying and spells out the terms and method of getting divorced and would include what happens to assets, liabilities, property and children, as well as who can call for divorce and the agreement to accept divorce without contest. Its not a crazy idea. My brother, a lawyer in USA, has done it for couples since decades which has saved them huge expenses and years of fighting in the courts.

@europeanman1978

urfi marriage is not registered .. for men or for women ...... so , to my knowledge , there is no way to know , unless she tell you , or you know from acquintances ...

to know about the previous official marriage , i guess you can know through requesting "individual record statement = bayan qayd fardi  (in arabic)" &   "Familial record statement " ...... both are issued from ministry of interior .. section of civil affairs ....

but , to my knowledge , she is the one who apply for it ......... you cant apply for these statements  before marying with her

@ahmed197666 would it be worth asking her other members of social circle or distant members of the social circle how the girls history is ? In egypt culture how is this viewed? I would want a honest answer and them to not disclose to them so I will likely ask old but distant aquantainces of her history and as a reference i suppose. please advise

@europeanman1978

Hi I am a Non Egyptian guy currently in Egypt waiting for a divorce document to see if it will be able to be used abroad. For a non Egyptian man getting divorced to an Egyptian female is difficult and they will try to rinse you through a UK court and with a child its a bonus. They know about all of our laws. Your seeming of them being nice sorry your being Naive. Trust me after 16 years of marriage to an Egyptian its not worth it , All they think about is Money money money !! but each to their own. Anyway message me i got tons of information

@HappyExpats i inboxed you thanks

@mr.fitness How much is the cost for Egyptian man to divorce?

@The Egyptian I'm new to this. Just out of curiosity is there a fee to divorce for men?