I'm new.

Hi there!

I'm JD. Thought of introducing myself since I'm new to this forum (not to Kuwait). I'm utterly disappointed with the lack of social activities in Kuwait. So I thought I'd give this forum a try.

I enjoy reading and if there are others like me, we could start a book-club. Just a suggestion :)

Cheers,
JD

P.S: It's my first day here and I've already got 2 (rather creepy) private messages.

Hi JD,
Welcome to Expat-Blog.  :)

If you enjoy reading and want to start a book club, posting it on this forum is a good way to make it happen. :)

For the creepy messages you got, 2 ways to deal with them. Ignore and delete them or you can report them to the Expat-blog moderators who will deal with these pests! :D

Jaz

Hello there! I will join the book club when I arrive (May 31st). I signed up with the EEK! Magazine, there seems alot going on...I guess you just have to fish out what you fancy. See you soon. Good luck with activities x

@Jaz: Thanks for the tips! :)

@Kayvictoria: Great. I'll take a look at EEK! magazine. See you in May.

I've been trying to get a bloggers out...
do coffe... or dinner or lunch... something...
but it keeps falling thru... I think it would be a great way to meet some people on here... Thoughts?

Hello JD and welcome to Expat.com!

If you get unwanted private message, do not hesitate to report the matter ;)

All the best,

Francesca

@Satcomguy I agree. Let's plan something.

@Francesca Thanks. I'll do that :)

Hi JD

I am moving to Kuwait in Sept so if you want to meet up let me know.

i have joined the Meetup.com website and there are things to do pretty much every weekend (BBQ on the rooftop this weekend) defo recommend that.

well good luck in Kuwait
Ally

Yes, the BBQ was a blast, I highly recommend everyone join the Meetup.com group :D

@AllyBee Hi Ally. Sure. Let's meet up in September. I'll check out meetup.com. It sounds promising. Thanks!

@legacy Hi. Is there a specific group on meetup.com that I need to look at?

its called new and not so new, its maybe the only page for Kuwait as a location, its run by Elena :)

@legacy Great. Thank you.

fo' Shizzle ma Dizzle :P