St Clare's Primary School Sliema

Hi there,

Our 4 year old is due to start school in September and we are going through the impossible task of choosing the right one for her....is there such thing? I guess it's down to the feel you get for somewhere when you visit, but after seeing 3 private schools and a church school we are still on the search!!

Off to see St Clare's in Sliema so would appreciate any feedback from any parents that have experience of it.

We were the same when we arrived. We have a 4& 5 year old and wanted them in the same school. Seen quite a few but loved the feel and atmosphere of Newark kinder and Junior School. Small classes with almost one on one schooling at times. We haven't looked back, kids can't wait to get into school every morning. Although it is down to personal choice.. Let me know if you need any more info on it..

If you could let me know what the school is like also? My daughter is age 7 and moving to Malta soon :)

We wanted our kids to be happy going to school and learning as they go long. My daughter has 8 in her class and has maths, reading and writing most night, does ballet twice a week along with cooking and 2 sessions of relax kids. I couldn't fault it. They take them from reception upto 16..If you want any further information just let me know. Fees are very good also..

Any further info would be great! How much are the fees? And is there a website for the school?

Hi Helz, What can I say. School start at 7.45am until 1.15pm every day no change for the Summer months only the uniform. There is transportation if you need it for €700 a year and the fees for the school are (junior 1) around €450 per term along with a registration fee. Uniform is bought from school along with books etc. Again the school is not for everyone as its very small and all the teachers know all the kids and vice versa. They have Summer school also so if you both work childcare is not a problem. Its hasn't all the facilities like the other private schools but my daughter does swimming, ballet and hip hop dancing outside school which helps her meet other friends also. The website is not up to date but if you want I you can check send you an email address and Lorraine (owner and principal) will forward on any information you like. BTW she is lovely. Again like I said its a personal choice but we haven't had a days trouble since our two started last September.. Any thing else just let me know.