International school

Hi:

I thought about sending my 13 and 15 year old boys to Verdala in September, but I am told that they are full with a long waiting list.

The other school I have found is QSI in Mosta. Does anyone know this school and can give comments? Or is there another possibility? They are native German and Spanish speakers. Their English is not so good, allthough I am sure they will learn it quickly.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards

Andrea

Hi Andrea!

I hope other members will be able to tell you more about this school soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Andrea,

I can't help with the school as my son is starting at Mtarfa Boys.

However, I'm not sure if this is helpful but we recently moved over from Spain and my son (13) is English but speaks Spanish as he attended school there for 4 1/2 years.  If it is helpful, perhaps we can meet up and my son could help with your son's English.

Hope you get sorted soon.
Jules
x

Hi
My daughter goes to San Anton, an independent school near Mgarr.  It has quite a few foreign students.  My daughter has settled in well, the staff are good and the kids seem friendly. sananton.edu.mt  The best thing is it is in the countryside, well as much in the countryside as Malta allows, so no car fumes.
Good luck, finding a good school is certainly the trickiest thing when you move!

Milinky21 wrote:

Hi
... so no car fumes.

Except twice a day at drop-off and pick-up times when that ridiculous road is crammed full of cars from both San Anton and San Andrea parents. It took me 25 minutes yesterday to get down that road, pick-up my kids and out again! That's the same road my wife was verbally abused in by 2 sets of other parents a couple of weeks ago because they felt she was holding up traffic.

Sorry - I'm trying not to post negative comments recently, but sometimes I feel I should give an alternate view. We have other issues with San Anton too.

Good luck in your search for a good school.

Tim

We just looked into QSI school after reading this thread, but fees of 11,000 per child/year puts it out of our league.

Tim

hammersfan wrote:
Milinky21 wrote:

Hi
... so no car fumes.

Except twice a day at drop-off and pick-up times when that ridiculous road is crammed full of cars from both San Anton and San Andrea parents. It took me 25 minutes yesterday to get down that road, pick-up my kids and out again! That's the same road my wife was verbally abused in by 2 sets of other parents a couple of weeks ago because they felt she was holding up traffic.

Sorry - I'm trying not to post negative comments recently, but sometimes I feel I should give an alternate view. We have other issues with San Anton too.

Good luck in your search for a good school.

Tim

This is true!  One major drawback.

hammersfan wrote:

We just looked into QSI school after reading this thread, but fees of 11,000 per child/year puts it out of our league.

Tim

It is only for one year. I take it as an investment for perfect English language skills (not only for the children, but also for me). I think this is much better that shares, investment funds or anything else. And no-one can ever take it away from you.

Im never having children, what a mess!   

( before tim can comment ) and the world is a happier place for that!

me3512 wrote:

Im never having children, what a mess!   

( before tim can comment ) and the world is a happier place for that!

:D:D:D

Its a double edged sword..  keep you skint, shattered, on the run 24/7 etc etc   but wouldn't be without them.  The best thing I've ever done.

However,  each to his own.  I bet I have bigger bags under my eyes than you ROFL

Dear Andrea,

I am moving to Malta myself and I have already visited a lot of private schools for my kids. Generally I was surprised by the quality of all the schools but the schools seemed a bit to big to me : many students per class AND many classes per year!
I have visited the QSI too and it is the only small school. The staff seemed very competent and caring, the children seemed SO confident and happy there.
It is pretty expensive but if you can afford it you should try! Specially if you think your children will need personalized help. They will get it there! I will send my older son there and I am pretty sure he will enjoy it.

I may be bias because I am a mother and a teacher too. I will be working in the school the next year (-:

chussita

Dear Chussita:

I have decided for QSI. So they will be your pupils. Nice. Where do you come from? And how old is your son?

Only 6 weeks left - I am so happy to come to Malta.

See you soon

Andrea

See you there soon, Andrea (-:

I am Spanish and my sons are younger than yours (5 and 2).

Chussita

well my experience with QSI is not so bright. I had spoken the the previous principle on the phone - Bud. grea, lots of info. now we're here in Malta on a short visit to sort out a few important matters and the new guy just doesn't seem to take us seriously. I made an appointment - he offered to give us 15 minutes of his time... then he changed it and we went to an appointment yesterday and said can we got back the following day.. He was too busy. As it happens my son is unwell this morning but we should have got this sorted yesterday.  I have an appointment with another school now and they took us seriously. I can't trust the education of my son to a guy that treats us like vending machine salesmen.. trouble is we have so little time now so will have to come back again. . Thanks Justin..

Hello,

As I'm also looking now for a good school for my 14 years old daughter, I would like to know which school you finally found.

Thank you in advance for your help

Best regards

Xavier

Is there any update about this school ? Any body has feedback ?
We're also considering enrolling our 5 years old son in there...

Thanks !
Mélanie

You may be better off starting a new topic as the one you are on is from several years ago, good luck.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct