Wedding photography in Mauritius

What about wedding photography? How hard is it for a foreign to come to mauritius, open a business and start with wedding photography?

Or are there already too many photographers there?

crammond wrote:

What about wedding photography? How hard is it for a foreign to come to mauritius, open a business and start with wedding photography?

Or are there already too many photographers there?

Hi
I am sorry to disappoint you but you need to think of something else. I know of many wedding photographers here on the island.

I know there have to be a lot of photograpgers on the island. But there are photographres and there are good photographers. Anyways, thanks for the info, we will probably come to mauritius for vacation to check out the island for ourselfs before trying to move there :)

Hello, I have been living here for a little over two years now.  Me and my wife have been to a lot of weddings because we are invited almost weekly.  My wife is a politician so we have to attend many weddings, funerals, religious, social events, and etc.  Most of the population is decedents of India and practice the traditions and religions of India.  So therefore most of the weddings are arranged between the families and they use wedding planners usually of their religion.  The photographers and videographers these planners hire are very high tech and expensive.  They have very long business relationships with all the different trades that come together at one of these events.  So my advice to you is to establish a  business relationship with a wedding planner.

Taking what Jim Haines said above, you also need to establish a relationship with the different resorts over here..

all the wedding photographers that i met also do hospitality/commercial photography for many resorts..

there are too many O.K photographers who do local weddings and they would charge Rs10,000-15,000Rs for the whole day.. but then there are a small number of really good wedding photographers and they would charge 4,000-5,000 per hour...