Car leasing in Kuwait for a teacher

Hi all, any idea best place for teachers to lease a car long term and prices?

I don't want a car that is going to die straight away and that is half decent!

Also, I don't have a credit card...how can I get around this???

Thanks all.

hello Chris, why dont we take things one step at a time eh? first we'll work on finishing your paperwork, then once ur here and settled we'll look into cars. most teachers i know carpool, or take taxis. either way, ur accommodation is provided by the school and transport to and from the school to ur home is provided.

what school will you be teaching at? I kno most teachers in Kuwait, maybe i can get one of them to guide u on what to do over there to hasten the process of bringing u over here.

It is IBS in Fahaheel. Perhaps not the best school in the world but after in-depth talks with the head and her aims and targets for the school, I am happy to go there and make a difference!

There is a housing allowance of 175KWD a month and no transport allowance.

Thanks

transport allowance is one thing, transportation is another. i believe the school bus should include u, albeit initially at first.

as with everything u get what u pay for, are u looking for SUV or small sedans? check out www.q8car.com for a rough idea of prices here. u might need to wait until ur settled in with a salary account in a local bank before wanting to lease a vehicle. its less costly that way (u lose out on the exchange rate when u use ur home-issued credit card)