Gym techniques - what are yours?

Hello Fitness Buffs & Buffettes,

we live in an age of health awareness, and the best way to stay healthy is to do regular exercise. to some this means walking, to others it means playing sports, and the rest hit the gym.

whats your technique when you go to the gym? do u follow a specific regiment or just do an eclectic, all-round workout? free weights or machines? cardio or just bodybuilding?

what gym do you go to in Kuwait? what are the prices? are u satisfied with the performance? how do you track your progress?

Remember guys and girls, its winter time, the body has a natural defense mechanism against the cold of making you lazy, so u will feel tempted to lie on the couch infront of the TV!

Hi Legacy,

Good subject actually …. I wanna go to a nice & clean GYM any recoumndations?

depends on where u live mon ami :)

If you dont mind spending a bit...def the Al Cornich Club :cool:http://www.alcornicheclub.com/

if u want a good atmosphere, knowledgeable trainers and every amenity imaginable, plus not looking to overspend, id suggest Crown Plaza.

Corniche club, altho good, has a very strict policy - they need to accept u. trust me, i audited them :P

hey all :)

im looking for good one with good facilities and tennis courts...and suggestions and how much if u know guys please

thanks in advance :)

not so sure about tennis courts, but i know a place with basketball and squash

im not member for anyone till now...looking for a good club :)

my apartment building has a gym... its small.. but i get most my work out done.. i do lots of running, and free weights
i work out 5-7 days a week...been doing it for 3years..

way to go AAG! what about picking up some resistance bands to add some extra umph to ur workouts? when u say running, treadmill or epi****** (not really sure of the word, but u use ur arms as well as legs, minimal impact in terms of foot strikes).

FYI body needs rest to recuperate and look lean :) dont overdo it!

:one shadi :)

I tend to spend more time with cardio than weights - but at the gym is one thing, and on the road is a whole other affair entirely!

Last weekend me and my friends were in Ras Al Khaimah for the 21K half marathon - it took me 1hr56mins but I did it :D

Kuwait needs more running events really.

there is a running group that meets every sunday and tuesday (i.e. today) at the Mishref walkway - you can find their website here

5 of its members will be running a 240K ultra marathon starting thursday.

i walk 4-7days a week when  i want to lose weight i lose 2-5KG a week

but i was in a gym but i stopped going coz i no longer have a ride i live in salwa used to go to a gym that i paid 20KD for 2 month ! it is a 5star gym tho ;p but i stopped going no ride's i wish there was a gym in salwa :<

but i tried power lifting but i failed on the squat-deadlift form so stipped doing it so icreated my own excerise doing 5reps 5sets of anything that i train with xD but ofcourse heavy lift i lose my strength if i stop lifiting weight which i did :p

but now am at home i do push ups ( Try to do pull ups ) crunchs ummm i put my hands on a chair behind my back go down to the ground to build triceps :P i lift a sugar bag 10KG for curls

i start dancing like crazy just moving my body Fast and randomly XD which i use it for cardio :P
i lift my bed of the ground from the end as an act of the deadlift i carry the water bottle thing the big one that weighs 15kg up and down as a over head press from time to time XD

and more so own i do Resistance training by all means

as for running i can only jog for like 4-6mins max i need help to run more :P any tips

Depends on what your goals are. And you have to have the self motivation to want to go :)