A journey through music

Hi All,

I am Hari, been in stuttgart for about 7 months and have been travelling around as much as I can . Different people experience touring a place , by its food , sport , art etc. As part of travelling I love to experience a place through its music.
I listen to a lots of Genres of music, from popular to an absolute unknown(Independent music), as long as it sounds exciting. 

As I travel different places , I tune my radio to the local stations on air & get lost in the music( even though i barely understand the language ). This has often helped me in enhancing my travelling experience.  Also you break the monotony of yourself , by letting others control what you hear( rather the usual shuffle & repeat of you own collection, which at some point bound to be boring)

I wondered , are there any people like me?  whose way of  experiencing a place is different. If so share, your thoughts.

Hey Hari, i've experimented this approach in different countries actually, and anyway i had to read your post several times before i can get into it again, nice topic man! :-)
Listening to the radio helped me a lot getting familiar to foreign languages and cultures indeed, it also broke the solitude and guided myself to the right way.
Exactly like a smile as an international way of communication, radio waves are available nearly everywhere almost for free and may open such a big piece of mind!
If it can be stressful in some situation to disconnect ears and eyes, i also belong to those who may find it relaxing and enhancing.

Thats very ture Hari!! I dont use radio or ipod, but where ever I have been I just put on any music channel!! This is now acknowledged by many people that MUSIC has no boundaries!!

One funny thing!! I always say to ppl, since I dont understand lyrics.. its gud 4 me as I am not bothered about how good is song!! In a way I can enjoy any songs, and my playlist is not reduced by any filter criteria ;-)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys :)...Yep def music has no boundaries and I'm glad radio has survived all the hustle and the competition over the years...The best part about the radio is all you have is a voice (no showbiz glitter & glamour) & the rest is your imagination...

As calator pointed out...Radio hat mein Verständnis von Deutsch verbessert...Radio ist mein Fenster in Deutschland... how can I ignore the wetter aktuel , die Nachrichten...

long live radio (es lebe Radio) :)