Expat Blog Stuttgart goes climbing!

Dear All,

we'll go climbing on Friday, 3rd February from 20:00 to 22:00.

Address: Kletterzentrum Stuttgart‎, Friedrich-Strobel-Weg 3, 70597 Stuttgart. You can get there by car or with the public transportation, Bus/U-Bahn station Waldau (250m) or Ruhbank-Fernsehturm (700m), more details here.

Climbing members already know how it works, attenders who just want to watch won't pay anything to enter the center.

Novices: a trainer is already booked for us to practice securely. He will provide us a common initiation to climbing approach and behavior, belt fasten, confidence exercises with the rope, climbing in different levels of difficulty with a maximum high of 16 meters etc. The trainer is responsible for our security. We won't learn any hard tricks and we won't get any test or certificate. The goal of this course is only to get familiar to climbing and have fun. More details here.

Costs: 22€ per person (entry 14,50€, trainer 5,00€, belt 2,50€).

Are you motivated? Please tell it asap to promote this initiative and ensure your place!

Regards, calator

Hi Calator ...I'm in for this 1 :)

Hi Calator,

Thanks for the great idea!
This is not actually a good day for me.... but to Hell with it, I`m in on this one too!

Hi!! All! Very happy and healthy new year to all of you!! Was following this blog for long time.. and now I finally arrived in stuttgart, so will join to meet u guys!! Wont participate in climbing.. !! C u ppl soon!!

Erm...I will be there to do some cheering & motivating but not quite yet ready for the climbing. It is in Feb so perhaps I will have acquired some suitable trainer-esque footwear by then.

Happy New Year guys :)

Hi, good idea. If it is possible to try without professional equipment, I may join too... when do you need the final amount of participants?

@All: we have to be on time because the trainer won't wait for us. so i suggest that everybody meets about 30 min before at the U-Bahn station Waldau AND/OR 15 min before in front of the climbing center.

@LaetSo: 1. we will borrow the required material. 2. the coach is already booked and we didn't reach the limit of participants for the moment. 3. i can commit on your participation if you can commit on your coming.

For people interested, of course we may go for a drink after;-)

@calator: We missed you!! Yesterday..
I will rephrase my self, wont participate in climbing.. But will Cheer you guys 4 sure!! Will take the 1st option to meet u at UBAHN station 30mins b4.

@hula_girl1: Thanx a lot, for organizing gr8 event yesterday! I enjoyed.. :-)

@ALL: C u ppl on FRIDAY

What a change to the recent drinking events we've been organising. I highly recommend everyone go because it involves talking without shouting...

Sadly I will not be able to be there but I hope this event is very successful regardless!! :)

Enjoy!

OK, I will do my best to come too ;-)

We'll be about 8 people, some of us already have some experience with climbing. Still i recommend the course as a nice option.

For info they are obviously heating hard at the climbing center so we'll definitely enjoy practicing a bit of sport, safe against those crazy temperatures outside :rolleyes:

The meeting-points (19:30 at the U-Bahn station and 19:45 in front of the climbing center) remain. Of course we won't wait just for freezing and you are allowed to get inside at any time by your own.

In case you miss us, just mention at the reception that you are with the "expat-blog" group and that we have booked a trainer. Not sure about their english skills but that shouldn't be a pb.

See you tonight, we'll keep us warm i swear! :cool:

sounds cool or should I say warm...;)..catch ya in the evening..Have a nice day :)

Hello Calator,
Thanks for the update. Really looking forward to it! See you this evening.

Sorry! Calator for late update, but as of now Ithink I wont be able to make it on time!!.

Any idea on where you guys will go for drinks after climbing!! Or you decide later..

Dear Expat.comgers,
Today I conversed with Calator and he had a great idea of where to go out for a drink after the climbing event. Anyone wanting to join us without climbing is welcome. Not sure how long I can stay as I am blasting off out of Stuttgart in the dark of the night.

Here we go:
Village Stuttgart‎
Königstr. 22
70173 Stuttgart

Schloßplatz - very central and easily reached with puplic transport!

Opens at 9pm free Entry until 22pm.
After that only 6 Euros to get in.
Tonight GIRLS get in for free until 11 pm and a FREE COCKTAIL because they say it`s “Crazy Chicks” night!

Music? What ever your dreams desire! This is a big club with many floors. Where to meet? Over to you Calator ;-)

Geez !...that was exciting...I was def on a high ;)

@Calator : Fantastic to have been a part of it...very addictive

My Thanks go out to Calator for organising the successful and exciting climbing event. I had a lot of fun with group! What luck we had with the climbing instructor, he added to the good vibes that made us want to climb so high with only the sky as the limit.

@Lanchester : Yeah it was fun , with the instructor being part of the group and also being generous with time ;)

@Calator :A big thanks to you for organizing it.. Hip hip hurrah.

As Emilie mentioned.. we should add more sport to the group...what say ?...either skiing weekend or Wandering in the snow filled woods, Cycling , oder laufen usw.

Good point Siri_hari,
Now that you mention it, skiing would be a delightful adventure for anyone game for some fun in the sun and plenty of fresh air! Well let's see what we can conjure up...

When is the next group activity going to be. I just moved to this area and Im looking to meet new people and friends.

Hi AutumnRose, welcome to stuttgart :).