(31.03.2012 - 01.04.2012)Weekend Visit to the historic city of Munich

Hi Everyone,

Spring is here, Sun is shining, Flowers are blooming.
we feel rejuvenated, and itching for some action.
so here we go .

We headstart the season by kicking-off with a visit to the
historic city Munich. below are the details.

hurry up guys & confirm your participation , based on confirmation we would reserve the beds in hostel
(please no backing off ;) after confirmation).

Plan :

Travel mode : DB
Tickets : 2 X Schönes-Wochenende-Ticket
( 40 euros for 5 persons Valid for 1 Day)

Onward Travel :
Sa, 31.03.2011 - (Stuttgart - Munchen )
Departure : 10:02 - Arrival : 13:22

Schedule : grab something to eat / drink and
head for sightseeing

Partying / dinner / whatever in the evening

resting in hostel, for rest of the night.
(1 Night stay - 30 euros approx.)

Rise & shine : breakfast , again sightseeing

Return Travel:
So, 01.04.12 - (Munchen - Stuttgart )
Departure : 18:35  - Arrival : 21:56

approx cost : 20 (hin & ruckfahrt travel) + stay(30) + misc expenses (30)
: 80 - 100 euros for the weekend.

Oh I really REALLY want to come to this - shame it is this weekend and not next weekend otherwise I would have been able to make it.

AHH, gutted I will miss out. Great idea though Sri_Hari! :)

Oh Hula_girl! you broke my heart :sosad: ..I was counting on you for this (would have made a lot of difference)... anyways, enjoy whatever you do.. see you soon :)

Hi Hari,

Thanks for organizing!

Never been to München before so I'm in for sure!

See you on sat,

David

Hey David,
wonderful to have you on board :D . Me too have never been to München. I am all excited , nothing better than visiting as a group :) .

Wow, This sounds pretty explosive! Why not get coached to Munich in a modern train with nothing but good vibes packed in your travel bag and lots of smiles to go around? Thanks for doing your homework on this one Sri_hari. I would love to come, at the moment it is looking like I won`t make it do to other obligations.
So is this going to be some kind of bonding session or just a wild time in Munich with a nice group of people, Sri_hari?

Hi Lanchester , sad that you wont be able to make it.
But sure will make it up next time for all the lost fun ;).
wont it be a shot in the arm , with you hula_girl everyone joining in the fun. nothing short of a blast.(probably we can do it, during otcoberfest) .

They say "Shared Experiences Make Long Lasting Friendships". Yes you are spot on , this gives a chance for bonding and also having wild time in Münich. I say its worth a visit , wat say ;) ?

I was once in Munich, and i would like to go again! see you there :)Amazing city!

Hey mmia, excellent you decided to join us :) , looking forward,
you can lead the way in munich ;)

Hello Guys! too bad i couldn't join you in Munich but Freiburg was also good. We had a fair weather, a bit of cold wind but temperatures reached 12 degrees and no rain trouble. Had a pretty good run (21,1Km in 1:23) while many spectators and music bands were caring for a fantastic mood along the medieval streets. I definitively recommend the city in case you haven't been there before, thus i couldn't take any pictures at that speed... ;-)
Coming back to the point: did you make it to Munich? who came along? how was it?

Hi Calator,

I am glad you had all the fun in Freiburg :).
Congrats on your successful run :top: . Your timing for 21kms in  1hr 23mins is lighting in my opinion. As, I can never push beyond 6 kms even if I drag myself in an hour .

Well there is good news for you , our trip to Munich never happend ;). We still have a chance to make it as a bunch, to Munich :) .

What about October, 14th in Munich, for the German Marathon Championship 2012?

We could choose between supporting, running 10, 21 or 42 Km with the option to run the big 1 as a team of 4 in relay.

We could travel already on friday, stay at a good youth hostel, make party, visit the city and do some shopping on saturday... and run till the doctor comes?

Well, that's maybe just another Dream of mine... catch you soon srihari! :lol: