A little after-work gathering for new friends...

The festive cheer is over but after the excitement of welcoming in a New Year, I would like to propose (along with my partner-in-crime Lanchester) a wonderful & fun gathering next Thursday for those of you wishing to meet new friends & start off 2012 in a fun way :)

The essentials:

Date: Thursday 19th January

Time: 6pm onwards (although note it is free entry before 9pm)

Place: Boa
          Tübinger Straße 12
          70178 Stuttgart

Transport: 
- Public Transport: S-Bahn/Straßenbahn:
Get off at the stop “Stadtmitte” then walk 4 minutes to the Boa in the Tübinger Straße (just across from the “Jeans-Halle” shop)
- With your own wheels:
Drive to Stuttgart-Mitte Park your car and jump out, then walk to the Boa in the Tübinger Straße

For those that hate to wait, e-mail us your name and we can stick it on the Guestlist (valid until 8pm) which means a little less waiting & a little more partying...

I am very excited as this is my second joint-event. It would lovely to see some new faces as well as familiar ones. I know it is a "school night" but it would be great for all to drop by even if just to say hello.

And on that very sociable note, hope to see you all there!

:)

Ahh !! Was waiting for this. .count me . I am in... and a new entry and new face to fun loving team :-) C u there on time..

Hi!! I was just going through Boa website, at one place I found somethin about dress code, but couldnt make what they are trying to say.. can u plzz xplain d same..

I have no idea about that - Lanchester should be on the scene to save us from this. No rush...

I have every confidence that us expats can scrub up nicely if need be...even in everyday / work clothes. :)

Hmm! After posting I thgt ;-) How stupid of me!! Its after work party so definetly Work or office dress would be allowed!!  Lets c!!

Hi Hula Girl,

Many thanks to you and Lanchester for organizing this!

I'll definitely try to come around 7pm and 8pm.

See you then, cheers!

David

Thanks to Hula_girl1  for the fantastic intro and welcome back once again!
This is sounding really good – The Boa is generally a good place to have a lot of fun, so I take my hat of to you for getting this out there.

Hi Prakash.saurav2805,

Firstly welcome to Stuttgart!

Perhaps you want to send us your name and get put on the guest list (limited and may soon be full so send a.s.p.). I hope what I have written below answers your question on what to wear…

Ok everybody, dress code for the Boa translated in brief:

Firstly no flip-flops so put your dress shoes on - to come along. No baseball bats or caps, no motorbike helmets and motorbike wear to have on there. For the men you can come in style with a shirt, jeans, pants or even your suit from the job, that goes for you too Bob. Girls can come along with simple styling and get in smiling.

Great to see hula_girl1 & Lanchester teaming up again for another event...cheers guys..Have fun :)

Hey David_m, very glad to hear you can make it! There are enough of us now to get a great atmosphere going… excellent.

Thanks for that Sri_hari, we want you back fast, so don`t misplace your return ticket!

Thank you! Will be there :-)

Can we "stick" this please?

Good point Hula Girl, now that you have mentioned this I agree. It boggles the mind just to think that this blog is not a “Sticky” blog. I mean why on earth not? ;-)

Now moving on to another important matter, I have not yet seen Calator posting on this blog of yours. But I would like to say rumour has it that he is actually coming on to the after work party. Now I can`t remember where I heard this, it might have been at the local bakers or somewhere like that. Wouldn`t it be delightful to hear a word or two from Calator confirming this?

i'm in! the discussion will be sticked this morning :)

Topic stick.;)

- Hi Harmonie, smooth to know Hula Girl`s blog sticks ☺, she may well be over the moon by now.

- Claudiabern33, thanks for your confirmation, fantastic to know you are traveling all the way to the Boa on Thursday!

- Calator, terrific to have those rumours confirmed, you are coming, good news!

Ok everyone, to keep things very very simple on the big night at the Boa, when you guys dance up to the door just say you are with “Lanchester” to get in without waiting. “Hula Girl” may well be waiting to surprise you on the other side of the door once you do make it in with one of her friendly “Hello”s. Back to you, Hula Girl.

Hey..is that a event or whats Boa ?? X.X Im interested

Hey Grace_Mex, Thanks for your interest. The Boa is actually a nightclub that has been running in Stuttgart since 1977. On Thursday evenings they always have an after-work-party. Last time I was in the Boa it was not too loud - so you could still talk, but not to quite, so you could boogie woogie on the dance floor if you felt like it - in other words the right ingredients for a really good night.

ohhh ... I want to goooo !!!!!!!!!!! :)  so at 6pm ?
right?

Excellent, Grace_Mex! Some of us will be there as of 6pm so see you on Thursday ☺

Hula Girl should be back on the scene for a word or two any time soon, I reckon. Where has she gone?

One small Q' how to catch up vth u guys! IS dere any table booked or so in any name??

Hi Prakash.saurav2805, Good question! Now as you know this is a nightclub so we can`t reserve a table. Luckily there is only one floor/level to keep matters simple. Some of the guys coming have posted on this blog. Take a good hard look at those faces. Then go to the Boa, look for the girls and guys that seem to be having the most fun, it might well be us, now walk up to them and if they are speaking English, chances are that you will see a familiar face or you can just say Hi. The club is not all that big so I expect you will find us with up any major hiccups.

What Hula Girl and I might try and do is get a table; when you walk in the entrance go right then start walking towards the back of the club, there is a row of tables all the way to the back. Look for us here.

He he he he he!!
Hi!! Lanchester,
Nice reply!! Wokayyy! Got it!! Will find you ;-)
By the way I used TABLE as in phrase!

Hello to all Expats,

I'm new to this forum and I would like to be apart of this awesome community. I've been checking this forum out for a couple of months now and it seems like a perfect opportunity for me to make some new friends and have fun.
I look forward to meeting everybody soon, i will try and make it to BOA on the 19th.

Doc

Hello Doc,

Sending you a warm welcome! Why don`t you just jump aboard on Thursday and we can all set sail together in the Boa. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Cheers, Lanchester

Hey people, hope you're all enjoying 2012 so far. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this event but I will be going to Penthouse on Saturday night so if anyone wants to join me, please let me know so we can meet up/go together :)

Hi Everyone,

Hula Girl and I would like to thank you guys for coming along to the Boa last night for a great evening! Thanks for those of you taking part on the Blog. Special thanks go to Calator for always helping out and often working behind the scene to get things running smooth!

Prakash.saurav2805 and Doc, Great that you could join us for the first time and we look forward to seeing you soon at the next event.

Hula Girl and Lanchester

Here we go again!

Hula Girl is back with news about next Friday in the Barcode.

See you guys there!

Check this link out:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=137609

Hello dear Expats!

I'm also new in this forum and also relative new in Stuttgart (I'm here for studies and work). I'm looking to meet new nice people in Stuttgart to spend free time and just simply have fun here. May I join you? :)

Astute (Asta)

Hello Astute,

Firstly welcome to Expat.com!

Let me redirect you to the latest event, this Friday evening 9 pm in Stuttgart at the Barcode.
If you would like to join us 2 hours earlier at least 10 of us will be eating Indian (Stuttgart West).

Just check the link out below: ☺

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=137609

Many thanks to hula for the idea and to lanchester for the brilliant organisation! you're making Stuttgart moving on :cool: