Baby stores

Hi all

I am doing some research on baby stores in Mauritius as I have a 1 year old. Could anyone give me a list of baby stores available in Mauritius

Thanks

Hello Leighanne,

Welcome to Expat.com! ;)

Just to help you I only know two baby store in Mauritius:
Island Kidz - Quatre bornes, st Jean Road.
Island trade centre - Port-Louis, Queen street

Wish you all the best in your research.

Rouma

Hi Leighanne.

I can add a few to the ones Rouma has already mentioned. In Port Louis on S. Ramgoolam Street there is a baby store named Meem Trading (they have a website but it seems to be down at the moment). This is by far the largest and most well stocked baby store I have visited on the island.

There is also a really nice baby store in Rose Hill very close to the Super U supermarket. I have forgotten the name, but maybe someone else can fill in the details. Right next to it there is even a smaller Chinese store that sells a few baby items (bibs, clothes, blankets etc.) for a fraction of the cost.

I hope this helps. Don't be put off if you can't find any info online… there stores *do* exist, just not on the internet :)

All the best,

Stinne.

Thank you so much this is really great help. Was worried as i couldnt find anything online, my only problem now is trying to find email contacts for these.

Hi there

there is also the new Ah ling store at Jumbo phoenix complex, which is the same as the one mentioned earlier in Rosehill.

There is also a branch of Meem opening soon at the new Bagatelle Mall, which will save the drive into Port Louis.

Curipipe has a baby store too, can't remember the exact address, but its off Royal road in an arcade.

There are branches of the Arcadia stores which have some baby items like buggies and bed linen. One at the Quality Living Center at Castel, one in near Point au Cannonaire in the North, smaller ones in Apollo Bramwell Hospital (where I bought my buggy) and a small one in Courts of Phoenix and Bagatelle Malls.

So between these shops you can get all you need...baby monitors are not common though!

Mauritius is great for having things made..as another option. I have had a baby change table made, much nicer than a plastic bought one

good luck

Thank you so much

Hi Irish Beach Girl,

Could you please pass on the details where you had your change table made?

Thanks!

Orchestra in bagatelle mall of mauritius

You have Meem in Port-Louis also I think

Irish beach girl i too would appreciate info on where you had the change table made
Thanks .