Scuba/snorkling equiptment to buy?

Hi all

Does anyone know a good place to buy scuba/snorkel masks and fins. I have been up North and know the shops there,  but wondering if there are places in Port Louis or Black River that I don't know about?

Thanks in advance for replies

I know that there is a fishing shop gear behind the grand baie police station, when following the side road, turn left. Maybe they have some of the scuba stuff as well...

London way supermarket in Black River.
Or a shop near Kaddy Plus, smt like Beach..., sorry I can not remember exactly the name now.
/Van

hi irish beach gal,

being myself a fan of snorkelling, i recommend you these shops:

One is at flacq, in the building where supermarket winners is
Second you can buy at port louis, royal street, before the Mosque,

erm, try not to buy the Cressi sub make(water comes in); i bought 3 to 5 units saeko dive-cheap-around Rs 600-pretty much to my expectations-hours of snorkelling without a drop of water inside glasses :)

btw, if anyone knows where to get glass(spectacles) worn snorkel masks, i'd be glad to have the info: The thing is, i cant see more than 5-10 metres around, so if there's any sharky, then he must be lucky enough to see a short sighted snorkeller meal!

:lol::lol::lol:

Cheers, have a nice summer splashing in. I recommend palmar for snorkelling, been all around, no much comparable...except maybe blue bay marine park?

HAPPY SNORKELLING TO OUR LAGOONS!
i miss it, 8 months not worn any saekodive
Hear your experience,
I.

Hi
there is a place in rosehill/ that does prof scuba gear has everything you could need
jjlemaire.com
30, Corner Capitaine Bruce & Edison streets,
Rose Hill,
Mauritius
I have been there and you should find what you need. There is a place in Grand Baie on the road down to the yacht club on the left hand side but the one in rosehill has the best stock from what i have seen elsewhere in Mauritius. Now we just have to beat Italy on Sunday :-)

Hello all

Thank you so much for your replies..I will check them all out.

Yes Islander Blue Bay is one of the good spots for snorkeling..but it's quite deep and the coral/fish far below..but still a great place to snorkel. I will try Palmar soon.

Happy summer!

Check out Go Sport at Phoenix Les Halles

Hi all..just wanted to say this tip from whitesharkbait is a good one...went today and it has EVERYTHING you need for scuba/snorkeling..i stocked up!

jjlemaire.com
30, Corner Capitaine Bruce & Edison streets,
Rose Hill,
Mauritius

Gr8 will check this :)

Where in mauritius can we find good snorkelling mask like one with wide vision and transparent sides and uppers and with a valve ?? In the center of nose area ?? Should b water tight with no leakage
Any shops in North have this kind of variety.  Super u has routine stuff    So any advice will b well taken.  Thank you
Suresh

Hello Suresh

Kindly note that since you are participating on a thread inactive since 2011, you may have not any responses.

Try Bagatelle shopping mall, you will surely find what you are looking for there.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thanks a lot
I will do that
Any specific shops you can pinpoint. 
Regards
Suresh