Need to rent a car

hi,
I would like  to rent a car in Kuwait, wondering what kind of papers I need to do that, and if  anyone could recommend some car rental companies here. Any tips/advise would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Emilly,

You would need to have your civil ID. Or, if you have your international driver's license, you can use that as well, until you get your residency stamped in your passport. After that, you can't drive on that license; you'll need to get a Kuwaiti one.

Here are the numbers for 3 companies dealing with leasing cars. I'm sure there are probably many others but these are the ones that I know of. 

- Al Mulla (ask for Sagara): 667-06120, email: [email protected]

These other two I've never dealt with but you can look into them as well and see what other options there may be:

- Autolease: 667-93741

- Al Sayer (ask for Perlita): Office number (1802008, ext. 5120), mobile: 99357625, email: [email protected]

SaharEl has posted pretty good info ,nothing much to add, just take a good look at the Kuwaiti traffic rules and drive safe.

SaharEl and ace 117 - thank you for info!

Your welcome.any time,ask anything you want to know .

hi
if you still look for rent a car i can helpe you in what i did ,
rent for one monthe ( 220~240) toyota corrola ......
you can drive withe your licen but you have to go for speceial office and he will give you a pepar drive from 1~3 monthes

dear emily

ayan also got a car leasing program

just look into that also

regards

Hi Emilly, if you don't have civil ID & Kuwait license then someone like automax will be able to sort you out as you'll be renting not leasing..... once you have your Kuwait license then you can rent.... unless they now lease by the month with no deposit or tie (highly doubtful) so make sure any agreement is in english only or take an arabic reader/speaker with you as the Arabic version is always the legal version!!

ace117 wrote:

SaharEl has posted pretty good info ,nothing much to add, just take a good look at the Kuwaiti traffic rules and drive safe.

hi,
I would like  to rent a car in Kuwait, wondering what kind of papers I need to do that, and if  anyone could recommend some car rental companies here. Any tips/advise would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there.. not sure what you mean.. do you want tips and advice about driving, or tips and advice about how to get the car.

I can add a bit to what Ace has suggested.. just go for a walk or a ride in a Taxi in kuwait and you can see that what actually Ace means by learn Kuwaiti Traffic rules. drive as you please.. tailgate other drivers at 200kph while flashing and honking wildly behind them.. make sure you slow down suddenly when you see a speed cam..  go up centre strips, and disregard any traffic signs/speed limit... and oh.. you can phone while you're driving and drive with one hand..and you can overtake on the hard shoulder no problem... and don't use the indicator at all in case you get a heart attack or get exhausted using your finger...  very simples :D:)

Just to give you a small idea, this is the rule in kuwait, not the exception

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvVyn0OS … ure=relmfuhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suv-2Kr6Knk

This is just one accident on the Gulf road.. speed limit on it is 80kph.. but need to be driving over 130kph to get your car crunched like that.

Really wish you good luck and ask in case of any difficulty ok..and good luck with roundabouts/circles. :D

thank you very much  guys for all repiles, I posted this ad over year ago -since that time I have managed to rent a car(not one - tried already 4 different cars), driving in Kuwait is still challenging, so far no accident so I hope am not a bad driver:)

good luck and blessed road

fayez2587 wrote:

good luck and blessed road

lol yes

Are u live in kuwait now ??

that thread is 2 years old - I close it

Closed