Third Party Services

I will shortly be leaving Mauritius and returning to South Africa. I am seeking a reliable third party to collect my Mauritius driving license and send it to me via DHL or equivalent.

Has anybody used such a service or can recommend anybody?

Thanks

karibi

@karibi

Hi where in SA I am flying in from SA tomorrow to Mau for a month.

If it is easy to collect I can help.

You can whatsup me on *** Elmarie

Moderated by Cheryl last week
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I will shortly be leaving Mauritius and returning to South Africa. I am seeking a reliable third party to collect my Mauritius driving license and send it to me via DHL or equivalent.
Has anybody used such a service or can recommend anybody?

Thanks

karibi

-@karibi

Great for identy theft.

If you do this, you could lose a lot more than a driving license

I do not think that Mauritius Police Force will just hand over a Driving Licence to anyone.  I am in the process of getting a Mauritius Driving Licence and on three visits I have had to show proof of identity in person to deal with them.  Yes you may have a collection slip but would the Traffic Branch know that the person collecting it with the slip has not stolen it from you or found it if you had lost it.  My advice would be to phone the TRaffic Branch to see if they could bring the collection date forward to before your date to leave and that you will bring proof or your travel arrangements to them to verify your statement about leaving.  Why would you need a Mauritian Driving Licence in South Africa unless you are meaning the International Driving Licence where you need to bring your normal Mauritius Driving Licence to the Traffic Branch to get an International licence.  You are saying you are returning to South Africa so why do you not get a South African Driving licence ?.

Applying for International Driving Permit

Applicant should call in person at the International Driving Permit   Counter, Traffic Branch, Line Barracks between 0900 hrs to 1400 hrs on week days (except public holidays) and between 0900 hrs to 1030 hrs on Saturdays. Applicant should fill in the prescribed form obtainable thereat and produce the following:-

National Identity Card (original)

Valid domestic driving licence

One recent passport size photograph

Prescribed fee of Rs 800

If all required documents are in order, the International Driving Permit will be delivered within the following working day.

@lesmar54

The traffic branch will allow third parties to collect the license provided they have a receipt.

In South Africa I drive under my UK license, which will shortly expire. The challenge I have is that I am not a permanent resident of South Africa so that I can't exchange my license for a South African one. At the same time I am no longer a resident of the UK so I can't renew it there. Hence caught between the two.

@lesmar54The traffic branch will allow third parties to collect the license provided they have a receipt.In South Africa I drive under my UK license, which will shortly expire. The challenge I have is that I am not a permanent resident of South Africa so that I can't exchange my license for a South African one. At the same time I am no longer a resident of the UK so I can't renew it there. Hence caught between the two.        -@karibi

But check if you need the International Licence to drive in South Africa as it seems that the Local Licence is just for Mauritius , The Traffic bRanch will give you an International licence for Mauritius as well but you have to take both of them with you.  I am also in the same position in that My Uk Licence expires this year and I now reside in Mauritius and have no UK addressm which means no UK licence renewal

@lesmar54

As you correctly state I will need an IDP for South Africa. An IDP issued in Mauritius is only valid for a year. However, you can get an IDP issued by several third parties for example https://internationaldriversassociation.com/pricing/