General advice on moving to Vietnam

Hello all,

My name is Ross from England, I am looking to travel to Vietnam in the next couple of months and maybe stay longer and potentially find a job if things go well.

Any tips on visas (and extending them), and just general advice on things like travel, hostels, money, phones etc. are all very welcome!

Thank you,

Ross

Hello and Welcome Ross !

Please note that I have created this new thread from your post on the Vietnam forum so that members can guide you.

Are you interested in moving to a city or region in particular ?

Feel free to read the Living in Vietnam guide for all first hand infos about visas, communication, housing etc.

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna Hello, Bhavna, thank you for getting back to me!

I don't really have a specific region in mind, I'm very open to just travelling and seeing what happens! I will certainly have a read of that guide though. Thank you!

Ross

Hello all,My name is Ross from England, I am looking to travel to Vietnam in the next couple of months and maybe stay longer and potentially find a job if things go well.Any tips on visas (and extending them), and just general advice on things like travel, hostels, money, phones etc. are all very welcome!Thank you,Ross        -@rossandrewhudson

Hi Ross and welcome to the forum.

Regarding visas for Vietnam, I think UK citizens can get 45 days on arrival(?), and there is also a 3-month tourist visa that you must apply for online. You can find more details on these two threads that have the latest discussions about visas. Both are 7 or 8 pages long. If you scroll down to the bottom of the 1st page, you will see where you can navigate to the subsequent pages. Obviously, the most recent and up-to-date info is near the end of the thread on the last couple of pages:

Latest news on visas

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1022412

Visas To Enter Vietnam

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1002203

For the other topics, please make your questions more specific.

Also, you should know that in a couple of months, it's going to start getting rather hot.

Great, thanks a lot for your help @jayrozzetti23

Ross :-)