Changing Company with Existing Temporary Residency

Hello Everyone

I am non-eu citizen and I am holding temporary residency permit which I gained from my company. What happens if I change to another company in EU.

Currently I am in Malta and is this advantageous to me while I am planning to transfer to another company or should I leave the country for legal procedures?

Where I can find information about this topic

please advise.

Thanks.

Hello folkeyno,

Perhaps an officer from the immigration office will be able to shed some light on this matter. Have you checked with them?

Let's also wait and see how people on the forum can assist you.

Best of luck,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello Everyone
I am non-eu citizen and I am holding temporary residency permit which I gained from my company. What happens if I change to another company in EU.
Currently I am in Malta and is this advantageous to me while I am planning to transfer to another company or should I leave the country for legal procedures?

please advise.
Thanks.
-@folkeyno

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You will almost certainly need a new work and residence permit in the next EU country you wish to work in.  How you do it will depend on the specific Third Country National requirements for that country.  The information you ask for is country-specific, it's impossible to be generic in this kind of advice.  Once you have made up your mind about where you would like to move, then go and ask about work and residency permits in that country's Forum.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Hello Everyone

please advise.
Thanks.
-@folkeyno

Identity Malta website will give you the information if your new job is in Malta. If it is in a different country you basically start again and have to leave Malta.

But, I believe, you only have two weeks grace between one job and another otherwise you have to leave the country. The work permit is tied to the job. If you have another job to go to I am not sure whether you can remain in the country or not until the new employers application on your behalf is processed.

@folkeyno

wich national are you? nepali , bangali or Pakistani?