Masks in HCMC

what's the situation with mask rules there in HCMC now ?
Most places take no notice... But today got told on a bus to wear one.

Rules are "flexible" and randomly enforced
what's the situation with mask rules there in HCMC now ?
- @panda7
My fiancée insists that I wear one most of the time, and since she rarely insists on anything, I usually humor her.

Every GRAB driver we had was wearing a mask, and it seemed like the courteous thing to do in wearing mine.

Keep in mind that there is still the technical 5k rule in place for new arrivals, though it doesn't seem to be enforced.
Most places take no notice... But today got told on a bus to wear one.

Rules are "flexible" and randomly enforced
- @Jlgarbutt

Every time we ride the bus they enforce wearing masks for everyone.
Was in HCMC total of about 10 days out of the last month, never wore a mask there or anywhere else, nobody cared. Never wore one at any airport or on the 5 domestic flights I've taken so far either, although a lot of locals still mask up for flights. At least until liftoff.

Been advised by a Viet friend to wear one when passing through Immigration though when I leave. "If the Immigration guys are wearing a mask, you'd better be wearing one too," was the gist of it.

edit: actually I think I got told to mask up at the HCM Mausoleum in Hanoi. But that was definitely the only time.
On masking while in HCMC:

Traveling SEA prior to COVID and settling in VN, I'd seen this practice as more common. Masking does help with containing the particulate in the air in HCMC, traveling on the motorbike through the city we wear masks. Of course not when eating or shopping at CO-OP. Traveling on the coach or bus, we generally wear masks.
Mac.
Hi,
Wearing mask is a recommendation in VN because risk of Covid-19 is still existing there. This also help to protect yourself. but you can leave open without mask at some situation where you feel comfortable and confident without risk. Feel free to wear or not wear , just to protect yourself only.
But, with Vietnamese, wearing mask is a habit now...

Wish you all safe.