Best place to meet a good woman

I'm 50, retired....very shy, insecure ...  :cool: any advise on where to meet a lady for serious relationship that may lead to more, nit just a one night stand..... :/

I hope you meet a special lady!  Best of Luck.

If you have someone close that you can and do trust, maybe they can introduce you.
If not, take your time, get to know them better first before getting seriously involved. Good luck!

You say you're retired, so that makes my recommendation difficult, but I'll tell you anyway... My job requires that I come in contact with many very lovely office ladies in the companies where I work, and in the offices of companies who support my work, such as insurance companies and law offices. The ladies who work in these places tend to be better-educated, and less likely to be looking for a "sugar-daddy". If you have reason to frequent any of these type places during your stay here, take note of any office girl who appears to be "taking note" of you. Start a conversation with her and if she seems interested, ask her out for coffee first, then at coffee, if everything goes well, ask her for a formal date. You should be able to take it from there.

Jquinoq wrote:

I'm 50, retired....very shy, insecure ...  :cool: any advise on where to meet a lady for serious relationship that may lead to more, nit just a one night stand..... :/

Noticied you are from Vegas. Me too. Where in Vietnam are you living now? As for looking for a serious relationship be careful with girls that work in coffee shops, hair salons, and bars. Not all are bad but quite a few are.

saigonmonkey wrote:

You say you're retired, so that makes my recommendation difficult, but I'll tell you anyway... My job requires that I come in contact with many very lovely office ladies in the companies where I work, and in the offices of companies who support my work, such as insurance companies and law offices. The ladies who work in these places tend to be better-educated, and less likely to be looking for a "sugar-daddy". If you have reason to frequent any of these type places during your stay here, take note of any office girl who appears to be "taking note" of you. Start a conversation with her and if she seems interested, ask her out for coffee first, then at coffee, if everything goes well, ask her for a formal date. You should be able to take it from there.

Along those same lines another source of supply are the large shopping markets like Big "C" or Metro stores. When I go shopping by myself and standing in front of a shelf full of products like milk and figure out which one my wife really wanted, it never fails some kind middle age lady asks if she can help. Even better yet try the fruit section just look and pick up stuff and put it back down and look confused, somebody beside the clerks ( which hardly ever do) will try and give you a hand. Than follow saigonmonkeys advice on the next steps.

Budman1 wrote:
saigonmonkey wrote:

Along those same lines another source of supply are the large shopping markets like Big "C" or Metro stores. When I go shopping by myself and standing in front of a shelf full of products like milk and figure out which one my wife really wanted, it never fails some kind middle age lady asks if she can help. Even better yet try the fruit section just look and pick up stuff and put it back down and look confused, somebody beside the clerks ( which hardly ever do) will try and give you a hand. Than follow saigonmonkeys advice on the next steps.

Darn, that's some good advice from both of you.

if you're serious about marrying a Viet woman ask someone you trust to "làm mai" for you.   its a step below arranged marriage.  its really an introduction to someone that person knows that is reputable and honest.  then the couple can take it from there.   there is no pressure to advance beyond the meeting and dating stage.  to me this is the safest bet to meet a "good woman."

Parmyd wrote:
Jquinoq wrote:

Noticied you are from Vegas. Me too. Where in Vietnam are you living now? As for looking for a serious relationship be careful with girls that work in coffee shops, hair salons, and bars. Not all are bad but quite a few are.

Coffee shops , hair salons, I know about these places, my ex vnese wife always told me " stay away"......so I'm well trained in this aspect of life in vn, I'm @ the Vista D2, thanks for the advise

Don't forget karaoke om, beer girls and club girls... Every woman that says she loves you after a week and want to marry you after 2 months : RUN!

I really wish you the best to find a decent Vietnamese woman. Not all are bad (Im Vietnamese myself) but there are exceptions. Just sad about your late wife. No one can replaces your memories. Maybe you should do it step by step. I know loneliness can kill you but sometimes it's for your own safety.

Hi Jquinoq,

You are in luck, Vietnamese girls are much more approachable and friendly than western women. They appear to be very curious towards foreigners so meeting them is not difficult. A friend met a very nice Vietnamese woman on VietnamCupid (dating website)... there are also many phone apps like WeChat, Blendr, Skout, where you can meet women in your vicinity. Best of luck my friend!

:top: thanks for the great advise everyone, having been married to a vnese lady before, I think I'm a little ahead of the game..at my age , I'm nit looking fir a trophy wife , I'm looking more fir companionship, someone I can talk with, wine & dine , laugh , share life stories..... :joking:

what's ur name?I'm Mai ,49 years old.I want to make friend with u.Where do u live,now?

Church.

Kerryhcm wrote:

Church.

Lol, yeah right

You could try a dating site like VN Cupid, just look for a woman who is looking for marriage and has a decent job.

Hi my dear,
I'm Mai,49 years old,from Viet Nam,i'm living in HCMC,i want to make friend with u.If u want so u can contact me:[email protected].
Regards,Mai

Hi All,

I would like to remind you that Expat.com is not a dating website.

There are other websites specialized for this kind of connection.

Having said that, we close this discussion.

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Closed