Church in HCMC

Hi All,

I am seeking to attend a church in HCMC. My preference is ideally a church that focuses more on teaching, that is non charismatic and english speaking.

Districts are:

Phu Nhuan, District 3, District 10, Tan Binh, Binh Thahn, Go Vap, District  1 areas

CHEERS

I recommend that you visit a couple churches as you may not find any one that is a perfect fit based on the criteria.  There are several, and all have a slightly different culture.  Also, only a few churches are properly licensed, so be sure to know about that.  The church I attend is called The Well, and they meet in district 4, just 5 minutes south of district 1.  http://thewellvn.org/

halo,

so how was it in The WELL church ?
will like to have your comments as I may like to attend later ..

thanks
Calvin Chan Chef

I've been to The Well once or twice before, it's a non-denominational but started by the Alliance.  They meet in a Vietnamese church on an upper level. My friend likes it, but I was kinda underwhelmed. The people seem friendly enough, I guess I'm just a bit spoiled having had a couple really good pastors in my past two churches.

As far as your options go for non-charismatic English-speaking churches, you could try:

TTIS in District 2
http://internationalservice.hoithanhtin … thiem.com/

I've never been there, but another friend of mine did and she liked it. They're perhaps not as social as some churches (until you get to know everybody, at least). It would be cool to check out.

Their service is at 10:20 a.m. located at the address below:

Street 33
Binh An Ward, District 2

--

IGA – INTERNATIONAL GRACE ASSEMBLY in Binh Thanh
https://www.igahcmc.org/

I've never been here, but I've communicated with them and they sound really friendly.

Located at The Manor 2, 1st Floor, F-07, 91 Nguyen Huu Canh Street, Binh Thanh District

Church every Sunday at 10.30 a.m.

Cell Group:
Every Sunday from 12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.

Prayer Meeting:
Every Friday from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

--

ICF – INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP
http://www.icfhcmc.org/

Been here, it's a non-denominational church started by a Methodist group. They meet in a Vietnamese church on an upper level. Not bad.

Located at:

Hoa Hung Church, Level 2
(Hoi Thanh Tin Lanh Hoa Hung)
625D Cach Mang Thang Tam St
Ward 15, District 10

ICF meets weekly every Sunday at 10:30 a.m. Followed by a short fellowship session immediately after the service. All foreign residents & friends are welcome. ICF meets weekly in smaller Cell Groups to go more in depth into the word, you can ask them regarding those.

--

IMMANUEL FELLOWSHIP

Don't know much about these guys, may be worthwhile checking out. One thing I know is they have a great worship team. I'm not sure where you can find them online, maybe somewhere on Facebook, but anyways they meet at TTIS. An afternoon service if it suits your schedule or sleeping habits:

1:30 p.m. @ Thu Thiem Evangelical Church

1 Street 33, Binh An Ward, District 2

--

NLF – NEW LIFE FELLOWSHIP
http://www.nlfvietnam.com/

This is my current main church, although I don't attend every week. I came here years ago when they met in a hotel in District 1. Now they have their own building in District 7. They were the first English church in Vietnam, and in my opinion, the best there is, although to be fair I haven't been to all of them and others may suit you. Music is at a top level professional standard, sermons are high quality and the Vietnamese pastor (he speaks English) there has a great sense of humor.

110-112 My Kim 2, Phu My Hung

Currently just one service, at 9 am, although they have several fortnightly activities and stuff going on throughout the month, like bible study, men's groups, women's groups, singles groups, and a prayer meeting. Although their church meets in District 7 some of their smaller groups meet in multiple locations, so it's a good church to connect with. Stick around after the service, there is almost always a group that will go out to eat somewhere, and these guys are really cool to hang with.

If you need directions to that one, PM me, as the location is slightly off on Google Maps.

Updates from The Well Church on District 4..
We will restart face to face sessions as from 6 March 2022. You can attend provided you are "covid free" with recognised Proof and "kids free" and comply to our new rulings.
All are welcome, but sorry no refreshments until we are more 'stabilised', thanks your understanding.

Hi  are u still living in Dalat?

My name is Choong Weng Kay from Singapore living in Dalat since 2005. Are u still living in Dalat?

Hi I am Kay here fr Singapore living in Dalat, Lamdong. Are u still.living in Dalat?

Hello crosstalkconnection,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Could you please tell us what are you looking for on the forum?

Are you in need of some specific information?

Feel free to ask your questions.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl  looking for Swee Loke living in Dalat.

@Cheryl looking for Swee Loke living in Dalat.
-@crosstalkconnection

Hi crosstalkconnection, and welcome aboard expat.com!

To view discussions or to post a new topic on the Vietnam general forum, please see here (link). To view and/or post to the HCMC forum, see here (link).

Again, welcome to expat.com

@crosstalkconnection , this is Swee Loke. No. I did not live in Dalat. Iv stayed in HCM, D7, all this time.

@crosstalkconnection , this is Swee Loke. No. I did not live in Dalat. Iv stayed in HCM, D7, all this time.
-@Swee Loke

Maybe you can send him a PM since he can't send you one?

Please note that www.igahcmc,org was changed to idfhcmc.com i think back in 2020, and moved to 15 Tú Xương. P VTS. Q3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam from "the Manor" after the 2021 lockdown was over. I am not in HCMC now, but I see they still have live streaming and past services at https://www.youtube.com/@Idfhcm .

In District 1, you might want to check out the International Christian Fellowship or the Saigon International Church, both known for their English services and focus on teaching.

If you're open to exploring other areas, you might find what you're looking for in District 3 at the Community Christian International Church. They offer English services with a teaching-focused approach.