What permits do foreign workers need to work in the Netherlands?

The Dutch Government has published a webpage on this subject; this link will take you straight to it.

Cynic
Expat Team

How Can I Get the work visa in Netherland.

How Can I Get the work visa in Netherland.

- @pkasun230

You need recognised qualifications and be able to speak Dutch.

How can

Hello dineshbandara261,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f603.svg

Could you please write a complete sentence? This will be easier for us to know how to help you.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

also want to know how to get a visa for work in the Netherlands

Hello everyone,

@Thsrsandaruwan, Please note that you were off-topic on the MVV thread!

your profile says that you are interested in working in agriculture, but it doesn't give any detail...

Regards,
Bhavna

https://www.government.nl/topics/foreig … rkers-need

Conditions for granting permits to workers from outside the EEA
  • An employer can only employ someone from outside the EEA and Switzerland in the following cases:
  • the employer cannot find a suitable candidate from an EEA country or Switzerland;
  • the vacancy has been open for at least 5 weeks, or at least 3 months for vacancies that are difficult to fill. The UWV decides whether a vacancy is difficult to fill;
  • the employer has done everything it can to find a worker from the Netherlands, the EEA or Switzerland.
If I read that right, it means no non-EEA workers can get a job unless the job can't be filled by an EEA worker.
It looks like the flurry of potential workers from Sri Lanka have little hope.

Is that correct?
Except for short-term workers, that about sums it up.
@Fred
Hi Fred,
I'm Kavindu. I'm In Sri Lanka. I'm Finding a job in Nederland.
Do You help me?
I'm Kavindu

I'm in Sri Lanka. I'm 30 years old. I'm working Hard. I'm honestly & Trusted man.
I have a driving license. I like to work in Nederland or any other European country.
I'm Guaranteed that the My work will be better. I have more skills on the network side and business side. I passed the Higher study. kindly help me for a better life.

Thanks.
@Fred
Hi Fred,
I'm Kavindu. I'm In Sri Lanka. I'm Finding a job in Nederland.
Do You help me?
- @EdirisingheAKKE

Looking at the earlier post explaining what you need to get a job there, it's unlikely God could help you.

My name is Mohamed Nasr El-Din El-Moselhy, an Egyptian citizen. I am 24 years old. I graduated from the Faculty of Law. I have experience in the field of agriculture. I worked on our land and our farm for ten years. I do not need a work permit, although I am a non-European citizen, but I applied for a seasonal work visa in the Netherlands from the official website, but they require a work contract.

Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Please create your CV in the jobs section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Posts with contact details will be removed

@Cynic

@Cynic I am looking work permit

Hello kuppurajthiru1,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly take the time to read all the posts above. You will find the information that you require.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Fred  Hello Fred I am a Gambian living in Spain  and I have two years residence permit and family friend of dutch citizen want me to move and stay in Netherlands what are the possible step I should take ?

The Dutch Government has published a webpage on this subject; this link will take you straight to it.Cynic Expat Team-@Cynic

@wuyehsamba79 You cant unless you follow te link above.

Hello, I am Amila

Right now i am in Qatar because i came here to get a job but i did not find yet . I'm 40 years old. I'm working Hard. I'm honestly & Trusted man.

I have a driving license in Qatar & Sr Lankan. I like to work in Nederland or any other European country.

I'm Guaranteed that the My work will be better. I have more skills on the Construction side and more than 16 years also I have good experience in Agriculture Field. I passed the Higher study. kindly help me for a better life.

Thanks.

The Dutch Government has published a webpage on this subject; this link will take you straight to it.
CynicExpat Team

-@Cynic

Hello Amila,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly follow Cynic's advice. You will find all the information that you need there.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hallo en goedendag!

I am currently a United States citizen, looking to emigrate to the Netherlands. I know non-EEA citizens are subjected to most of the same regulations, but are there any regulations US citizens are exempt from? I know I am able to stay in the Netherlands for 90 days without a visa, but am I able to seek temporary accommodation and apply for a residence permit to seek work?

Hallo en goedendag!
I am currently a United States citizen, looking to emigrate to the Netherlands. I know non-EEA citizens are subjected to most of the same regulations, but are there any regulations US citizens are exempt from? I know I am able to stay in the Netherlands for 90 days without a visa, but am I able to seek temporary accommodation and apply for a residence permit to seek work?
-@isabellaxoo9

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Based on what you've said, you will need one of the many different sorts of resident permits that will enable you to live and work in the Netherlands.  They are all listed on the Dutch Government (IND) website and this link will take you straight there.  The IND site also has a contact section where it gives you details of how to contact them and ask specific questions, this link will take you straight to it.

To answer your specific questions.  Long-range house hunting is always problematic, nobody is going to hold an apartment for you to wait until you get there.  What most people do is use something like Airbnb to rent something short-term, close to where they think they may want to live, and then use that as a base to find something more permanent.  Likewise, job hunting, assuming you have the relevant skills and experience, start looking online now; websites such as LinkedIn can help you identify and speak to your peers who are already working in the Netherlands and can advise you who is hiring and where.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey and hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@isabellaxoo9 While you are staying in NL within 90 days you can apply for MVV visa via IND   netherlandsworldwide.nl/visa-the-netherlands/mvv-long-stay/apply-united-states

@kaafu I currently reside and am a national of the United States of America, therefore I do not need to obtain an MVV.

@isabellaxoo9 I might be wrong of course but the link I shared is specific to US citizens which means MVV long stay is also applicable to some US citizens depending on situation, there is a checklist on that page to determine specifically that with further instructions on what to do to obtain either MVV or residence permit.

Send your passport copy and CV

@Cynic
please tell me how can i get work visa in netherland.
-@sajeewa hemamalie

Follow the link I provided in the opening post.

@sajeewa hemamalie

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Promotion of services
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am Emmanuel from Nigeria , I got an employment in the Netherlands, Amsterdam to be precise through my agent since December 2022 and got a message from the IND immigration on the 5th of march 2023 that I will get a response within 72 working hours but since then I didn't get any messages till now ,please can anyone help me out on what to do and does IND replies within 72hours ?

I am Emmanuel from Nigeria , I got an employment in the Netherlands, Amsterdam to be precise through my agent since December 2022 and got a message from the IND immigration on the 5th of march 2023 that I will get a response within 72 working hours but since then I didn't get any messages till now ,please can anyone help me out on what to do and does IND replies within 72hours ?
-@emmanuel omobosoye

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I've never heard a story such as yours in the past and I think you may have been scammed.  I suggest you contact the IND and ask them; their contact details can be found on their website and this link will take you straight to it.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Am not happy a all, I will visit the link , thal somuch for your kindid advise, I wilvisit the link you sent

More over ,please ,can I search for another job on my own ,and how do I get a sponsorship because have wasted alot of money on the process, am a professional forklift operator with lots of experience

More over ,please ,can I search for another job on my own ,and how do I get a sponsorship because have wasted alot of money on the process, am a professional forklift operator with lots of experience
-@emmanuel omobosoye

Hi again.

Yes, you can search for a sponsor/job, but the fact you will be classed as unskilled, don't speak Dutch and that there are 13,000,000 unemployed and 1,000,000 asylum seekers ahead of you in the EU will make it very difficult, if not impossible for you to find work.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Cynic oh thanks alot for your helpful reply, you're such a nice person ,please do you know of any company you can link me with that can sponsor me with employment with my forklift driving / operator experience, I don't mind to pay or for my salaries to be deducted at the

Long-run and please is the recruitment company called prefound real in Amsterdam Netherlands?

@Cynic oh thanks alot for your helpful reply, you're such a nice person ,please do you know of any company you can link me with that can sponsor me with employment with my forklift driving / operator experience, I don't mind to pay or for my salaries to be deducted at the
Long-run and please is the recruitment company called prefound real in Amsterdam Netherlands?
-@emmanuel omobosoye

Hi again.

No, sorry, I don't know of any such company.  We have a jobs section at the top of the page, this link will take you to it.  You can leave your CV there and apply for any work you think may suit you.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Cynic thanks in a million,yes it helps

you can apply to the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND)

Hello Tryko Raell,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

Thanks for the input!

Feel free to introduce yourself here New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023 as we always like to know more about our new members.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team