Find your local assistant in Dalian

Hi,everyone!

My name is Michael, and I want to make a short survey. Hope you guys join this discussion. Appreciate and thanks!

Are you experiencing communication problems in Dalian?

The taxi driver can not understand where you want to go?

The waiter do not get what you want to eat or drink?

You want to buy something, but have no ideas about where the shopping center is?

First time to be here, want to know this beautiful place more?

So, normally, what will you do?

Hi Michael,

All your questions are related to language and communication problem. So I would answer your last question with "learn the chinese language". That is the normal thing I would do.

HAHA...Hi, Aliz!

Nice to meet you! Sure, that is a way to solve this kind of communication issue, but for most foreigners who are come to China, they doesn't have enough time to learn Chinese or they just can learn to say limited simple Chinese.

They want their stay here to be smooth, so they need the immediately local assistant support. The reason I say so is I work for a company which provides this kind of service. As the marketing staff, I want to know more about what foreign friends need when they come to Dalian.

Aliz, thank you very much for your participation! Very appreciate!

Have a nice day!

Michael

@Ali,
Hi Ali, always see you here. You really love this site. It is great that you want to learn Chinese. Well, some others might find it difficult.

@Michael

Hi Michael. I noticed lots of expats here located in Kaifaqu. Some of them have no ideas what to do in their free time.

Ps. I recently noticed there is a new volunteer station opening in Jinzhou Kaifaqu, and they have a branch for expats. There is also a free culture exchange program initiating.

COMMUNITY CARES”
Summer Bazaar
August 27  10:00- 1:00
Tongligong, KFQ

Your welcome Michael. Yes juanita..I like to know any new information related to Dalian. I find this site is quite useful. Hopefully , I also can contribute something in here in the future.

"COMMUNITY CARES”
Summer Bazaar
Tongligong, KFQ

Buy gently used items/    Help the environment/Join in COMMUNITY CARE for ALL...    Meet new friends and neighbors.  See the Tongligong facilities and class options. Enjoy great Food, Entertainment and FUN!

Hello,
My name is Darrell.  I will be in Dalian in October for for a wedding on the 10th.  Would anyone here know how I would find a translator to accompany me and assist.  My wife's brother is getting married and I would like to have help me navigate the event.  Any help would be appreciated.

Hope this relates enough to your subject matter to be acceptable for this thread.

Hi DFranklyn,

Maybe you should start a new thread? :)

Juanita007 wrote:

"COMMUNITY CARES”
Summer Bazaar
Tongligong, KFQ

Buy gently used items/    Help the environment/Join in COMMUNITY CARE for ALL...    Meet new friends and neighbors.  See the Tongligong facilities and class options. Enjoy great Food, Entertainment and FUN!

I stay in KFQ, where is this Tongligong?

Hello!
The address is: Tongligong Women's and Children's Community Center/No. 4 Cuinan Xiaoqu, Kaifaqu, Dalian Jinzhou

They might have similar activities in October; I will let you know if you are interested.

michaelchiu wrote:

Hi,everyone!

My name is Michael, and I want to make a short survey. Hope you guys join this discussion. Appreciate and thanks!

Are you experiencing communication problems in Dalian?

The taxi driver can not understand where you want to go?

The waiter do not get what you want to eat or drink?

You want to buy something, but have no ideas about where the shopping center is?

First time to be here, want to know this beautiful place more?

So, normally, what will you do?

Ok, let me help out Michael first.

1. Not so much of a communication problem as long as it is not Dongbei slang. I'm bilingual so I don't face much of a problem here.

2. So far so good when I took a cab, sometime i just show him a card or message on my phone if he really don't understand me.

3. Menu with pictures helps a lot. Just point and smile, it really helps. But most of the time, I understand what I read on the menu.

4. Google map or any online map can be easily access to find location. I once use Google map on my iPhone to find my way to a park in DDA.

5. With internet so informative and accessible now, it is not difficult to find information you need online. There are a few expat forums to let you make new friends and find information.

Juanita007 wrote:

Hello!
The address is: Tongligong Women's and Children's Community Center/No. 4 Cuinan Xiaoqu, Kaifaqu, Dalian Jinzhou

They might have similar activities in October; I will let you know if you are interested.

Is it near Ansheng Shopping Square?

@thomerz24
Hello!

Sorry, I did not reply to you eailer. It is near All's Well Coffee, and I think Tongligong is a famous spot.

They recently organised a dancing party for charity, people seemed really happy. The link: flickr.com/photos/dalianlov  And I think there is going to be a friendship families event starting. If anyone is interested, I'd love to comfirm details for you.

i dont think language is the problem,even a chinese people from another city ,he cant do know everyting here,the most important thing is to find a guide!