To know more about Dalian

Hi everyone,I'm a Malaysian and still thinking to accept an offer in Dalian. I would like to know more about Dalian and make more friends before i get to work there. Where and when you guys hanging out during spare time?How's the working life there?I'm quite nervous as I have no idea about the city.

Hi Cappucino8484,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will share their experience with you soon and you will find lots of new contacts here.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hi there,

I am a native and I am living at Dalian. If you need somehelp, pls hesitate to ask me. My email: [email protected]

Michael Zhao

Hi Michael Zhao,

I think you should give us some tips/informations about life in Dalian on the forum (instead of giving only your email address), so that other members can benefit from it.

Can you give us an idea about the city? Where you guys hang out?

Thank you,
Best regards,
Christine

Hi Michael, I believe you wanna say "Please do not hesitate to contact me".

For travel, Dalian is a beautiful seaside city called "City of Romance" in China like Paris with Tiger Beach, Xinghai Park, Underwater World(one of the biggest in China), Sea of Rhyme,Fujiazhuang,etc.

There is tranquil mountain called Daheishan,
There is  hot spring for a cosy two-day weekend,
There is Lvshun with rural sights and traditional life style,
For Living, there are shopping malls with famous ones like Peace Square,Xinggong Street and Dalian Parkland.
There are fitness clubs, language learning club, bars...
Food guaranteed Chinese, LOL, and Kerean, Japanese and Western-style...

Life style is relatively easy compared with Shanghai, Beijing,and Guangzhou. Dalian has won World Habitat Award.

Talking too much, contact me if you need anything more.

It would be my pleasure to help new faces and meet new friends.
Welcome to Dalian!

There is a lot of places where Dalian people hang out on their spare time. Squares, Coffee Shops, Malls, Parks, Beach, depends on your preference an depends on the season. Public transportation is available everywhere with a relatively low price. People here are nice, friendly and helpful.

Hi Kevin,
It seems that you have learned a lot about Dalian. Hope you will enjoy your life with your wife here! Yes, I live in Dalian since I entered into college four years ago. Have you ever studied Chinese before? And how long is it? I don't know any specific club for practicing Chinese, but lots of Language training centers are available. I will keep searching suitable clubs for you. I would love to practice with you if it is convenient for our meeting. You can find my contact information in my profile.

Ps. Ali is learning Chinese now, hope you two may connect,too.
:)

Hi Juan :

I sent you an email.

Not sure whether you received it ?

Thanks

Hi Peter. Yes, I got it, I don't know why it was blocked as junk mail previously. Trying to answer all of your questions.

Hi Juan :

Deeply appreciated.

Will be waiting for your email reply.

Cheers and have a nice day.

Dear Cappucino8484,

Have you been in Dalian and have you got what you want to know about Dalian?

Michael