Romanian car insurance

I am moving to Romania soon and will be purchasing a Romanian car. I am
Wondering if you can purchase car insurance online in Romania, like we do in the UK, and if anyone has any companies they would recommend
Yes of course you can purchase online.  I typically bought via eMag.ro.  I got whatever was cheapest, the company didn't matter to me.

Good morning,

I am French and I am looking for a car insurance. Could you advise me on an insurance for expatriates?

Good morning,

I am French and I am looking for a car insurance. Could you advise me on an insurance for expatriates?
- @clementheraud33

Contact a broker or read the previous response

@gregsy36

Hi, did you find a solution with your car and insurance? I'll move too to Romania and I'll have the same problem.....

Regards

Paul

@romaniac I have a Romanian father in law, who has a car insured under RCA insurance in Craiova. Does Romanian car insurance cover anyone that drives the car?  And would you know if this includes drivers with a UK licence?

@romaniac I have a Romanian father in law, who has a car insured under RCA insurance in Craiova. Does Romanian car insurance cover anyone that drives the car? And would you know if this includes drivers with a UK licence?
-@gregsy36

Yes, it covers any person with a license that's valid and recognized in Romania.  In Romania, insurance is tied to the car, not the driver like it may be in the UK and the USA.  If you are visiting Romania and want to drive his car, it should be fine.