Importing a car

I am moving from the UK to Romania in April.  I am going to buy a car in the UK and I want to import it officially to Romania and register it there.  The car I am considering has been imported to the UK and is on a temporary licence. 
My wife is Romanian and has a Romanian ID, which I think should make things easier
I would be very grateful for any advice.

There was a story late last year that Romania was going to ban registration of Right-hand drive cars due to safety concerns. I believe that has not happened but it might be worth checking out. As my insurance was due I ended up taking my car back to UK and selling it to buy one in Romania.

There is a trustworthy firm in Oradea that imports cars from europe and makes sure that all the paperwork is in order/no taxes due. Might be worth checking out Starlux Auto https://www.facebook.com/pages/category … 697021785/

Thanks for your reply.  I've bought a left-hand drive car here in the UK and I'll import it to Romania when I get there

You will need to pay tax on the car on top of the Rovinette to your local Primarie every year if it is registered Romanian. I have a 4.3 litre Chevy Astro. The Primerie wanted over 1000 Euro per year. The tax on cars over 1.6 L is punitive! Mine is still registered in the UK, even if this means the odd holiday back home it's cheaper.

I imported a RHD VW Tourag as a resident.
It was a pain and I paid an agent around €400 to do it for me. I didn't know about the yearly "car ownership taxes" circa €800 a year plus road tax and you can't get fully comprehensive insurance for RHD cars in Roumania (a bad idea on a good car) and 3rd party only was around €300 a year. So overall it wasn't worth it.
In the end I moved the car back to UK plates and accepted a holiday back to the UK each year for the MOT.
On balance you are better off with a LHD car bought somewhere in the EU.

After Brexit they will no longer accept RHD cars from the UK for registration in Roumania BTW.

Can anyone tell me what the rules are for RHD cars in Roumania as tourist (on holliday for several months) ?

I am an EU citizen. Moving from Belgrade to Bucharest.
Looking in to importing my Audi Q5, 1980cc from Serbia to Romania.
Were you happy with the agent you used?
If so would you please share contact info?
Kinds Regards
Mark