Retirement in Spain

good morning

we plan to spend our retirement in spain as a resident, our choices are between valence and almeria.
I have just discovered your site and I have already found some answers to my questions, many others will come and count on you to enlighten us because everything is not always very clear, nothing is worth the experience
see you later on this forum
Bonjour

Nous sommes également retraités, et nous déménageons le 15 juin à Aguillas ( Murcia) entre Valence, et Almeria.  nous somme donc dans les cartons

toutes les démarches sont en cour,

donc si nous pouvons vous aider,  peut être à plus tard

Bonjour

Nous sommes également retraités, et nous déménageons le 15 juin à Aguillas ( Murcia) entre Valence, et Almeria.  nous somme donc dans les cartons

toutes les démarches sont en cour,

donc si nous pouvons vous aider,  peut être à plus tard

- @captaincuby

Please write in English
I have retired in Valencia, with my wife and son.  We came here 6 years ago, our son graduated from High School here, obtained his Spanish citizenship, and is now in university in Barcelona.
Valencia is the 3rd largest city in Spain, whilst Almeria is much smaller.  Hence, there is a large difference in the experiences between the two, and also some similarities, for example, both are on the Mediteranean coast. 
We had our reasons for selecting Valencia; what are the things that you are looking for in a retirement location?  That could reveal which of the two locations are a better match for your needs/desires/expectations.
After 6 years, we are thinking of moving somewhere else in Spain, to have a different experience.  At this time, nothing really shouts out "You must come here!!"  And so, we are taking short trips to other cities/towns to explore them, to satisfy our desire for expanding our horizons

Regards
@BlueMoonx47

I'll be attending a summer course at the University of Alicante. I was at language classes there in 2019 and had planned to move permanently to Spain in 2020, but of course guess what happened.

Thanks to my Spanish tutor in Andalusia, she has recommended I do a tour of the south before I decide, so during the summer, from my base in Alicante, I'm going down to do a grand tour (mostly by bus and train, with my folding mountain bike by my side) of Almería, Málaga, Granada, Jaén, Córdoba, Cádiz, Sevilla and Huelva. I'm especially looking forward to meeting my tutor and her family in the lovely town of Jaén.
Well regardless of where you decide to land, that "grand tour" will be very enjoyable for you.  We recently made a "southern tour" of Malaga-Sevilla-Cordoba and it was enjoyable; and enlightening.  I would recommend a southern tour to anyone who is interested in living in Spain

Regards and good luck