Duty Free Purchases

In almost four years on Expat.com, I've never seen a post about duty free shopping. Before I came to the Philippines I did a Google search and was under the impression Expats were entitled to shop at the duty free stores in the first 30 days.

So today I viewed some Facebook videos and what I can see the prices are not much different than S&R/Lander's.

Then I did a Google search today and really didn't come up with enough formative  information. So my question is, has anyone shopped at the duty free shops in the Philippines? is it run like a membership club? Can anyone shop there? Is it worthwhile?
You can shop there for 30 days past arrival, but must show your passport entry stamp. They will check the date.

Yes, the merchandise is similar to S&R & Landers. I cannot recall the prices for a good comparison though. There are not a lot of duty free stores, though. I went to the one on the edge of Manila airport.

As I live about 20km from the airport and my recollection of the merchandise, I don't plan to shop there. Besides with S&R and Landers so close, those are the places for me. The membership fees are there, of course but both the stores are 2-3 times bigger
I was planning on going to Fiestamall, near NAIA Terminal 1, when I arrive in the Philippines. I haven't been there before, however. Are the prices any better than I'd get in the US? I have a lot of pasalubong to buy, so I don't think I want to carry it from the US regardless.
@BondJamesBond: Are the prices any better than I'd get in the US? I have a lot of pasalubong to buy,
I had to look up pasalubong on Google, which is giving gifts. Generally everything is more expensive in the Philippines unless you are a smoker or a drinker, seems they don't have a sin tax.

You may want to watch youtube videos of people shopping at the duty free stores and you can see what is available.
You can send a balikbayan box filled pasalubong/etc 60 days prior to your arrival.
You can rummage through stores that puts stuff on sale. You can have more pasalubong this way. You'll be famous for a day handing out the gifts.
Tell them not to open the box until you're there.
@Skip Scott "You can shop there for 30 days past arrival, but must show your passport entry stamp. They will check the date."

I saw a recent YouTube video claiming this was 48 hours.