Converting tourist visas suspended

As per today the converting of tourist visas into E-extensions (EB, ER, ES and EG) has been suspended.

So back to the old system: Ordinary visa on arrival, extend within 30 days for any of the E-extensions.

Joe
@JoeKhmer So I am assuming you must leave Cambodia if here on an E-Visa and return back via what type of Visa ??
Not familiar with old system ??
@geriatric1

After you have extended your tourist visa once for 30 days you leave the country and come back on either another tourist visa (60 days total) or an Ordinary visa if you want to stay longer.

The latter you can extend with any of the EOS (Extension of Stay) if you got the right documentation.

The EOS available are:
EB (business)
ER (retirement)
ES (student)
EG (general)

Cheers.

Joe
Thanks

@JoeKhmer just received this from Kim Can convert again dateline tomorrow before 4pm. Now I am more confused ????

@JoeKhmer

Hi Joe are there similar updates for Vietnam?

Johno

@JoeKhmer  ok mate so fly in with no visa and apply for ordinary Visa when you arrive

@nhatrang2

Yep
@Johnfin

I don't know about Vietnam, but you could check or ask on the Vietnam forum.

Cheers

Joe
HI Joe. Im heading to Cambodia next month and will automatically get the visa on arrival.  Will it still be as easy to get the E visa as it was before after that first Month? Tha
@Irishincambodia

There is not such a thing as an E visa.

The Ordinary visa you buy at the airport is to enter the country.

Within one month you have to extend it for one of the 4 extensions, whatever is applicable.

If you plan to stay not more than 60 days you can take a tourist visa to enter and extend that once for another 30 days.

Cheers.

Joe
@JoeKhmer
Hi Joe are there similar updates for Vietnam?
Johno
- @Johnfin
@Johnfin
I don't know about Vietnam, but you could check or ask on the Vietnam forum.
Cheers
Joe
- @JoeKhmer

Cheers!

O.B.

@JoeKhmer Thanks Joe. My main concern was that it wouldn't be as easy as before to get one of the other 4. Will be staying for a year or so this time round